Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 29 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by christopher-3 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
December 26, 2017 at 12:53 pm

christopher-3

Hello
It seems that there is a bug with WPML.
I am not able to update the database with the translation of :

It does not work

<div class="input-field-one-half"> [text required id="first_name" label="First Name"] </div> <div class="input-field-one-half last-col"> [text required id="last_name" label="Name"] </div> <div class="input-field-one-half"> [text required id="email_address" class="email_validation" label="Email Address"] </div> <div class="input-field-one-half last-col"> [text required id="telephone" label="Telephone"] </div> [textarea required id="special_requirements" label="Special Requirements"]

December 26, 2017 at 1:11 pm #1465875

christopher-3

when I translate it and when the translation works, then WPML breaks the translation of term and conditions and vis versa

December 26, 2017 at 7:21 pm #1466132

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello Christopher,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Could you provide more information about this issue? What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

Kind regards,
Carlos

December 26, 2017 at 7:40 pm #1466144

christopher-3

Hello
Try to transalte this

<div class="input-field-one-half"> [text required id="first_name" label="First Name"] </div> <div class="input-field-one-half last-col"> [text required id="last_name" label="Name"] </div> <div class="input-field-one-half"> [text required id="email_address" class="email_validation" label="Email Address"] </div> <div class="input-field-one-half last-col"> [text required id="telephone" label="Telephone"] </div> [textarea required id="special_requirements" label="Special Requirements"]

with this

<div class="input-field-one-half">
[text required id="first_name" label="Prénom"]
</div>

<div class="input-field-one-half last-col">
[text required id="last_name" label="Nom"]
</div>

<div class="input-field-one-half">
[text required id="email_address" class="email_validation" label="Email"]
</div>

<div class="input-field-one-half last-col">
[text required id="telephone" label="Téléphone"]
</div>

and simultaneously
this

<!-- BEGIN .page-content --> <div class="page-content"> <p> <span class="dropcap">B</span> hotel aims to be of service. As a general guide, here are our policies, terms & conditions.</p> <p>Our desire is for you to have the very best experience of Dakar.</p> <p>To assist us in delivering you that experience, we have developed the following policies and guidelines which we respectfully request that you adhere to during your stay.</p> <h3>Arrival and Departure </h3> <p>

Check-in time is from 2.00 pm <br> Check-out time is prior to 11.30 am </p>

<h3>Accepted Payment Methods </h3> <p>

We accept MasterCard, Visa, as well as cash and travellers cheques. </p>

<h3>Cancellations/modifications</h3> <p>

NO SHOW : payment of the first night<br/> CANCELATION 3 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL : NO FEE <br/> CANCELATION LESS THAN 3 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL : payment of one night <br/> MODIFY : No fee if room available at different dates. If room is not available, one night will be charged </p>

<h3> Rates and Minimum Length of Stay Requirements </h3> <p>

Our rates vary by room type, availability, day of the week and season. During periods of high demand or major events and for certain packages we may apply a requirement for a Minimum length of stay. You will be advised of this at the time of your reservation. </p>

<h3>Local Taxes</h3> <p>

All rates include tax. </p>

<h3>Gratuities and Service Charges </h3> <p>

Tips and gratuities to our team members are at our guests discretion and we do not apply any compulsory service charges. </p>

<h3> Small Pets and Animals </h3> <p>

The hotel is unable to accommodate pets or animals in-house.

</p> <h3> Communications and Privacy </h3> <p>

<p>If you contact us by email, fax, standard mail or through this website you agree to allow us to contact you in the future and that this may include promotional material regarding upcoming events, special offers or general information. </p> <p>We will never use your name and information for any other purpose nor provide it to any other party without your prior permission or where legally obliged to do so. Any communication that we may send you will include the opportunity for you to unsubscribe.</p>

</p> <h3> Changes to Hotel Policies </h3> <p>

These Hotel Policies are subject to change without notice – latest update 1 January 2018. </p>

<h3> </h3> <div id="tabs"></div> <!-- END .main-content --> </div> <!-- END .two-thirds --> </div> <!-- END .section --> </div>

with this

<p> <span class="dropcap">B</span> araka hôtel souhaite que vous passiez un agréable séjour en notre compagnie. </p>
<p>Pour nous aider à vous offrir le meilleur des services, nous vous demandons de prendre connaissance des conditions de l'hôtel et de les respecter pendant votre séjour parmi nous.</p>
<h3>Arrivées et Départs </h3>
<p>

Heure d’arrivee – à partir de 14.00
<br>
Heure de départ – au plus tard à 11.30

</p>

<h3>Paiements acceptés </h3>
<p>

Cartes de crédit VISA, MASTERCARD, règlement en espèces et chèques de voyage. </p>

<h3>Conditions d’annulation
</h3>
<p>

NO SHOW : paiement de la première nuitée.
<br/>
Annulation 3 jours avant l’arrivee : PAS DE FRAIS
<br/>
Annulation moins de 3 jours avant l’arrivée : paiement de la première nuitée <br/>
Modification de dates : Pas de frais si la chambre est disponible. Si la chambre n’est pas disponible, paiement de la première nuitée.

</p>

<h3>
Tarifs et durée minimum de séjour
</h3>
<p>

Nos tarifs variant suivant le type de chambre, la disponibilité et la saison, une durée de séjour minimum peut être requise
</p>

<h3>Taxes</h3>
<p>

Tous les tarifs sont en TTC.

</p>

<h3>Pourboires </h3>
<p>

Les pourboires sont laissés à l’appréciation du client.

</p>

<h3>
Animaux domestiques
</h3>
<p>

L’hôtel n’est pas équipé pour recevoir nos petits amis.

</p>

<h3>
Communications </h3>
<p>

<p>Si vous nous contactez par email, fax ou téléphone, vous acceptez de recevoir des informations sur l’hôtel.
Nous nous engageons à ne pas communiquer vos coordonnées à un tiers.

</p>

</p>

<h3>

Changement de condition
</h3>
<p>

Les conditions générales peuvent changer – dernière mise à jour le 01 Janvier 2018
</p>

December 26, 2017 at 7:46 pm #1466147

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

Could you tell me where is this information in the site?

Regards,
Carlos

December 26, 2017 at 7:49 pm #1466148

christopher-3

in the booking process step 3

December 27, 2017 at 8:11 am #1466324

christopher-3

hello

I need your assistance please.
help me move foreward

December 27, 2017 at 1:37 pm #1466597

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Christopher,

Before we continue I need to ask you to move the file wpml-config.xml from your parent theme to your child theme.

Please let me know when this step is done.
Regards,
Carlos

December 27, 2017 at 1:44 pm #1466604

christopher-3

hello

done
Remove it
and paste it in the child theme

December 27, 2017 at 1:54 pm #1466617

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Christopher,

Could you check if the issue persists?

Regards,
Carlos

December 27, 2017 at 2:01 pm #1466626

christopher-3

Hi Carlos
Yes the pb is still there
I have updated twice the translation of
but it is not taken into account

December 27, 2017 at 2:12 pm #1466634

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Christopher,

I attached the payment step for both languages. Could you point out where is the issue?

Regards,
Carlos

December 27, 2017 at 2:17 pm #1466641

christopher-3

The entire form should be in FRENCH so should be Terms and conditions (when you click on it)

December 27, 2017 at 2:54 pm #1466691

christopher-3

Hi
Do you understand the problem now ?

December 27, 2017 at 4:58 pm #1466816

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Christopher,

I'm sorry but I don't understand your last message.

Could you tell me how are you creating the form in the first place?

Also, where do you add the second part of the information (below the form)?

Regards,
Carlos