This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by VA 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
March 30, 2020 at 7:20 am

VA

WordPress Automatic Plugin from ValvePress for aggregating RSS feeds. I have an issue: the featured images of HU feeds doesn't displayed properly

March 30, 2020 at 10:59 am
March 31, 2020 at 12:00 pm #5803617

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello there,

Is there any update? Let me know if you still need assistance here.

Regards
Raja

March 31, 2020 at 12:06 pm #5803719

VA

Hi,

it uses images but it's shown in very bad quality (in 2020) with existing settings ( I don't have a clue why though ).
So I wait some more natural post updates and I may change back to the original theme to test it again.
I'll be back to this issue tomorrow,

thank you!

April 1, 2020 at 7:09 am #5810083

VA

Hi,

the images in 2020 was screwed up, so I changed back to Soledad child, activated Soledad's plugins and front page looks OK.
Pls. note WPML is still disabled, so it caused the featured image issue.
I did not re-run any RSS campaigns.

You can see now active plugins and you can also check plugin / theme deactivation etc. in Activity Log.

So pls. continue the conflict investigation as you wish!

Thank you!

April 1, 2020 at 7:55 am #5810317

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

This seems to be an issue with your site as i can see the test site works well with new feeds.

It would be better if you can send me a snapshot copy of your site so that I can look into details about the issue. using the debug tools

You can use the Duplicator plugin to create a snapshot of the site and share the package link with me http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. Once you have the duplicator package please upload it to file share services and share the link with me. I have enabled private fields to securely share the details.

April 1, 2020 at 8:17 am
April 1, 2020 at 6:54 pm #5816815

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Its giving internal server errors when i try to run the campaign from from my localhost may be i need to adjust the settings or something else is missing.

However when i tried to run the feed with the below option enabled in the campaing "If it was not possible to set a featured image, set the post status to pending" That seems to work for the latest run. Please try out with a new set of feeds. Let me know how it goes. The logs campaign log should show

Content type:image/jpeg <-- thumbnail set successfully

I have also investigated the code and compared it with the feed logs and it turnout that the code is skipping the featured image section for no valid reason the Images are uploaded to the directories anyways and the rest of the code block is skipped resulting in memory exhaustion, However you site has better memory allocation than the test site.

If the issue still persist please let me know if i need to fix anything on my local installation so that i could execute the feed and look into more details

April 1, 2020 at 7:54 pm #5817017

VA

Hi,

I have new posts where image is shown and one where it isn't ( pls. scroll down on my front page to section: Latest Updates ).
So after you activated WPML plugins it again has issues.

Pls. remember you have to delete those posts AND click Delete all posts and Forget URLs.
Pls. also see even though there is only 1 post now in category of Sport, if you check All (RSS) Campaigns page you can see
Jegkorongblog feed has 35 / 200 posts counted and
Sport1 TV feed has 1 / 200,
so something is wrong there.

Why don't you try a Cloudways test site similar to the one we'd already used for testing days ago?

If you want a new RSS feed in HU, you may try:
hidden link

Thank you!

April 1, 2020 at 8:09 pm #5817059

VA

I added that new RSS feed and tried to run it.
I got in WP Automatic's log:
Content type:image/jpeg
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in /home/*****/wp-includes/media.php on line 3108

Thank you

April 2, 2020 at 12:46 pm #5822805

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Everything works fine in the Cloudways site testing there would not reveal any solutions to the problem, The objective of the test on local is to identify the areas of issues however it turnout that the feeds are not working at local i will continue to look in to that.

I am not 100% sure memory limit is an issue with the site, would you mind increasing the memory to 850MB it seems your site already has a max limit of 750MB, the error reads as the processes is requesting for a memory of around 800MB which seems be memory intensive and quite unusual.

April 2, 2020 at 2:23 pm #5823715

VA

For example "3-seo-titok.png" size is 148kB ( checked in Media Library ),
it should be added to post:
hidden link
but it is not displayed in post.

I manually had re-run the new feed and it again drops an error of:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in *****/wp-includes/media.php on line 3166
not the same line number of of code, but exactly the same allocation size ( of 8192 bytes ), like in the previous ( it is not the same image so it's weird if it has the same image size: so it is not the image size )

BTW could you check my Site Health?
There might be related stuffs.
I intentionally haven't updated to WP 5.4.

Thank you!

April 7, 2020 at 7:48 am #5854445

VA

Hi Raja,

is there any development in my issue?

Pls. note I updated WP Automatic to latest ( not to WP 5.4 though ).

Pls. also note WPML CMS Nav and WPML Media was deactivated ( all other WPML plugin was active, so WP or something might have deactivated them due to conflict ).
I activate them again...

Thank you,
stay safe,
A.

April 8, 2020 at 6:54 am #5862871

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

The process requires around 870MB of memory, I have increased the memory limit to 800 mb in my local installation which seems to resolve the issue and the post thumbnails are set properly. please check the attached image for more details.Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. to 800MB You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '800M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '800M' );

- Add it above the line

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
April 10, 2020 at 6:19 am #5881309

VA

Setting memory to 800 / 800 didn't fix the issue, but I increased it further to 900 / 1024M and that seems working.

Thank you for your help, it was one of the best I got at WPML!