This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by asuncionC 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yuri.

Author Posts
March 27, 2018 at 6:18 pm #1558269

Tim

I have multiple administrators accessing our site.

Some of us Administrators have this in the Additional Capabilities section of our User profile:
wpml_manage_translation_management, wpml_manage_languages, wpml_manage_theme_and_plugin_localization, wpml_manage_support, wpml_manage_woocommerce_multilingual, wpml_operate_woocommerce_multilingual, wpml_manage_media_translation, wpml_manage_navigation, wpml_manage_sticky_links, wpml_manage_string_translation, wpml_manage_translation_analytics, wpml_manage_wp_menus_sync, wpml_manage_taxonomy_translation, wpml_manage_troubleshooting, wpml_manage_translation_options, translate

And some of us Administrators have only this:
translate

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: dashboard, access will be granted upon request

I expected to see: that all users with Administrator role would have the same long list of capabilities.

Instead, I got: for some Administrators, only one ability (see top of email)

How can I make sure that all Administrator users have the long list of capabilities? Thank you.

March 28, 2018 at 11:04 am #1558819

Yuri

Hi, there is the possibility that the roles have not been correctly set when activating WPML. Can you add the following code to your functions.php file:

function wpmlsupp_1706_reset_wpml_capabilities() {
    if ( function_exists( 'icl_enable_capabilities' ) ) {
        icl_enable_capabilities();
    }
}
add_action( 'shutdown', 'wpmlsupp_1706_reset_wpml_capabilities' );

After adding this code, access the admin to make sure that it is triggered and test to make sure that the admin is accessible and all roles have been correctly set to all administrator. If all works out you can then remove the code from your functions.php file.

Let me know how it goes.

March 11, 2019 at 10:23 am #3309705

asuncionC

Just for the record. Had the same problem, tried this solution and it wordked for me. Tank you!