This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by smartwebasia 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
August 27, 2019 at 11:41 am

smartwebasia

Hi WPML Support team,

I encounter some problems with WPML - Woocommerce - Custom attributes.

1) When I update a product and add/edit a custom attributes (already properly translated). It keeps adding me a version of the secondary language.
See screenshots PB1

2) When I update a product page and remove a custom attributes that I don’t want to use. It keeps showing in the filters. Like “term_relationships” aren’t updated or database isn’t properly updated.
URL: hidden link
Screenshots PB2

3) When I edit custom attributes, it keeps resetting the variation data (using WPML's Translation Editor) I have to full up again all the data every time!
Screenshot PB3

Can you please check by your end?

Thank you

August 28, 2019 at 6:04 am #4471257

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you tell me if you were able to resolve some (or all) of these issues? I checked some of these (tried translating that Attribute - PB1) but not sure I see any of these. E.g, I don't see the PB2 issue with shorts style.

On a side note, can you make sure your server conforms to our minimum requirements?
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Based on provided debug information, I can see the following - WP Memory Limit: 40M.

Specifically, could you set WP Memory limit to at least 128MB?
https://wordpress.org/support/article/editing-wp-config-php/#increasing-memory-allocated-to-php

If unsure on how to set this, you can consult your host/server admin to do this. After you increase this value, you can confirm it by checking on WPML -> Support by finding the “Memory limit” value.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 28, 2019 at 8:36 am #4472305

smartwebasia

Hi Bruno and the team,

Thank you for your reply.

>> Can you tell me if you were able to resolve some (or all) of these issues?
None of it has been resolved yet.

PB1) All my attributes are properly translated. Then when I edit a product, it keep adding my a version of the attribute in the secondary language and ask me to translate it. I don't believe this is the normal behavior of WPML.

PB2) Shorts style has been disabled temporary by mistake so you couldn't see the problem.
There is attribute (for example Shorts Style>French Terry) on this product that shouldn't be shown in front-end here cause its not enabled on the product itself ...

About Memory limit, I assure you my VPS is well configured.
hidden link

Not sure why WP isnt able to recognize the PHP configuration. As you asked, I have added: define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', 'XXM' ); and you can see all is ok now.

PB 3) The same

Thank you

August 28, 2019 at 10:44 am #4473611

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Then when I edit a product, it keep adding my a version of the attribute in the secondary language and ask me to translate it.

I am wondering whether the issue is coming because these languages are mixed - you can see that some attributes are created in one, while others are in another language. Let's focus on PB1) issue first. Can you tell me what exactly should I do to reproduce - namely can you tell me for which product should I test this?

I'd like to see where this is happening:

Then when I edit a product, it keep adding my a version of the attribute in the secondary language and ask me to translate it

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 2, 2019 at 12:15 pm #4496791

smartwebasia

Hi Bruno,

Thank you for your answer. Im dealing with the pb2 now (maybe not related to WPML).
Ill answer you about PB1 tomorrow 🙂
Thank you

September 2, 2019 at 1:30 pm #4497339

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi, my name is Marcel, and I will take care now of this ticket, as my colleague Bruno is not available today.

Sure, please let us know when you get feedback 🙂

Have a nice day.
Best Marcel

September 10, 2019 at 11:30 am #4544649

smartwebasia

Hi there,

Please hold on. Im making some additional tests and I have updated to the latest version to see if this solve some issues.

Thank you