This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
April 13, 2019 at 1:39 am #3602487
ghilanA

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Frist: I have website pages build with Elementro, when I try to translate to Arabic language some fields won't be available for translation such as Heading titles and infoboxes and others. Second: In wpml/settings, I can't change custom fields to translatable, copy or copy once (from do not translate). After hitting apply, I reload the page and it set back to do not translate. I tried to disable ACFML and then tried to change translation preferences for custom fields, but didn't work.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes, I followed "How to build multilingual sites with Elementor and WPML" https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Yes, you can see the Heading titles, infoboxes, and text buttons on the Arabic website page with url hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

New threads created by Itamar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-cannot-change-custom-fields-settings/

April 14, 2019 at 7:39 pm #3608603

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

When working with WPML and the Elementor plugin for everything to work correctly, it is also needed to use WPML's add-ons, String Translation, and Translation Management. By looking at the debug information that you have attached to this ticket I do not see that these add-ons are active. Are you using them on your site?

I can see that WordPress is not updated to its latest version on your site. If we need to continue debugging this issue, then please update WordPress to its latest version. In any case, it is always recommended.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

Regards,
Itamar.

April 20, 2019 at 7:54 pm #3650741

ghilanA

Hi Dear Itamar
I can't update wordpress for latest version now, because I don't have access to Cpanel these days for site backup process. I will try to get permission to access Cpanel and try your suggestion.

Now, I have a temporary solution through:
- Recreates new English pages and uses Translation Management to translate the Arabic language.
- I Use translations service with WPML's Classic Translation Editor to translate some fields only such as (text paragraphs).
- I Translate the other fields such as Heading titles, infoboxes and others directly from the Arabic page with Elementor.
note: ( The old pages created before I activated the WPML plugin, I couldn't edit them directly from the Arabic pages with Elementor. When I tried to save the page it returns error message "Server forbidden 403" ).

April 21, 2019 at 7:59 pm #3652941

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'm glad that you have found a temporary solution to this issue.
When you can update WordPress, and if the problem persists, please let me know so we could continue debugging the issue that you have.

Regards,
Itamar.

May 3, 2019 at 6:45 pm #3737487

ghilanA

Hi Dear,
I'm sorry for late, Now I update WordPress for the latest version, but still the same problem some fields won't be available for translation such as Heading titles and infoboxes and others.
Regards,

May 6, 2019 at 10:02 am #3746823

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Since you first opened this thread some time has passed, and I want to make sure what is the problem. You wrote to me that the problem is that "some fields won't be available for translation such as Heading titles and infoboxes and others". And you sent me here hidden link to see the problem. You also added a screenshot. But currently when I go here hidden link it does not look like the screenshot that you have shared with me on Aprile 13th. Currently, I can not see a title (AUC Company) and an image (About us) on the Arabic page. I see no title and no image. But also on the English page, I see no title and no image. Please see the attached screenshots. So if there is no title and image in the default language, I think that it is understandable that there are no translations available.

Could you please check this or explain the issue again with new screenshots?

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 6, 2019 at 8:41 pm #3752581

ghilanA

Hi Itamar,
I check my website now, and I found the title (AUC Company) and an image (About us) in Arabic and English pages as shown with attached images.

The problem as I told you before..

When I try to use WPML to translate a page that has been built in Elementor only the basic components appear for translation such as text box, other fields won’t be available for translation such as Heading titles, infoboxes and buttons text (The Phlox Pro elements and the Elements Pack items get added and work ok but when I try to use WPML to translate them they simply don’t appear in the list).

Thanks,
Ghilan.

May 7, 2019 at 9:49 pm #3762305

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

This is probably happening because those are custom elements (Phlox Pro elements and the Elements Pack). They are not the elements that come with Elementor. So in this case support for WPML needs to be added. You can read how to do that in our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/how-to-add-wpml-support-to-custom-elementor-widgets/

Please let me know if you have any further questions about this issue.

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Some Elements for page build with Elementor don't available for translation’ is closed to new replies.