This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Some Elementor content is not showing in the Translation Editor.

Solution: First, go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual Content Setup and switch to manual translation.

1. Delete the English translation and permanently delete it from the trash (this does lose the translations that were previously created). 2. Go to the German homepage and check the box to Duplicate the page. 3. Use the admin language switcher to change to English. Click to edit with Elementor. Now, you should see the content in the different elementor element blocks and you can add the translations here.

0% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
April 28, 2018 at 6:09 am

alexanderP-35

I am trying to:I'm translated a site build with Elementor Pro. But some Elements are not shown in the translation manager and therefore they can not translated.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:www.dps-deutschland.de

I expected to see:For example the Buttonboxes on the right hand side should be in english.

Instead, I got:They german because I cannot see them in the Translatioin manager to translate them.

April 30, 2018 at 8:14 pm #1904922

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this

Currently, there are some Elementor elements that are not working well with the translation editor. The workaround to resolve this is to use manual translation. To do that please go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual Content Setup -> How to translate posts and pages and select : "Create translations manually" instead of "Translation Editor". Now when you open the translated page to edit, you should see it in the native WordPress editor and be able to translate all of the page builder sections.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

May 1, 2018 at 7:29 am #1909013

alexanderP-35

Thanks Lauren for your help. When I try your workaround and translate with the standart WordPress editor it breaks my Elementor layout of the site after saving the changes.

May 1, 2018 at 1:12 pm #1912767

Lauren
Supporter

Can you please send me a URL of a page that has a broken layout after editing with manual translation? Also, the credentials previously provided are not working for me. Please edit your post with correct credentials and I can login and take a look. Thanks!

May 1, 2018 at 1:38 pm #1913280

alexanderP-35

Ok, I reset the password to the one I gave you. Worked in my test.

Due it is a live page I restored the wrong page to the previous version. But you can try it with the startpage (dps-deutschland.de)

May 1, 2018 at 5:36 pm #1916127

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for resetting the password. I installed the Duplicator plugin so that I could make a copy of your site and test locally without interupting your live site. I think the layout problem is happening because the page was originally translated using the translation editor. To test this, I did the following steps which resolved the issue:

First, go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual Content Setup and switch to manual translation.

1. Delete the English translation and permanently delete it from the trash (this does lose the translations that were previously created).
2. Go to the German homepage and check the box to Duplicate the page.
3. Use the admin language switcher to change to English. Click to edit with Elementor. Now, you should see the content in the different elementor element blocks and you can add the translations here.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.