This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 24, 2018 at 6:41 pm #2761596

Przemyslaw

I am trying to: manage website

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: working website

Instead, I got: errors when I want to add page, add translate page, delete page and in others situations

---
I have some issues on my site while I have installed WPML.

For example when I tried to delete page it shows blank page with this message:
Warning: debug_backtrace() expects at most 1 parameter, 2 given in /xxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/utilities/class-wpml-debug-backtrace.php on line 93
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /xxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/utilities/class-wpml-debug-backtrace.php:93) in /xxx/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1219

Although page was deleted.

Another example. When I tried to add translation to oryginal page in the top of the site shows this message:
Warning: debug_backtrace() expects at most 1 parameter, 2 given in /xxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/utilities/class-wpml-debug-backtrace.php on line 93

I have changed theme on Twenty Seventeen and then appears this message: Array was modified by the user comparison function in /xxx/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-theme.php on line 1450 and other issues were repeated.
I have disabled all plugins except WPML plugins and still no change.

I have not got link to duplicator package because I can not duplicate website via Duplicator for some reason but I have copy of files and database. I would like to give access to WordPress admin and ftp details but I cannot send without this link to duplicator package

Regards

September 25, 2018 at 8:12 pm #2765191

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Warnings and Notices in WordPress will not cause your site's function to halt at any time therefore they do not pose a thread to the way your site or plugins are functioning.

there is most likely a small incompatibility between WPML and your theme or a 3rd party plugin which is not significant enough to cause problems to the way your site is running.

you can safely remove these warning by doing the following

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', false);

let me know your results

September 26, 2018 at 5:24 pm #2768260

Przemyslaw

Hello,
I have "define('WP_DEBUG', false);" in wp-config and this is not only warnings I have problems in managing the site. You should look to admin's panel

September 26, 2018 at 7:14 pm #2768464

Bobby
Supporter

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

September 27, 2018 at 5:38 pm #2771410

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

the warnings should be removed now

within your wp-config.php file i replaced

define('WP_DEBUG', false); with

ini_set('display_errors','Off');
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL );
define('WP_DEBUG', false);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

[These don’t affect your site in any way.]

this was happening most likely because your host server was forcing the display of notices and warnings