Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
May 15, 2019 at 10:00 am #3814683

andrewM-35

I am trying to: Edit the price, inventory, shipping & everything in the product data box.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: n/a

I expected to see: To be able to edit these fields.

Instead, I got: A gold lock symbol next to each field so I can not edit the fields. See screenshot.

For your information, to create a product in another country, I use WPML - translation management. OR I edit a product, in the right hand column click duplicate for the desired country. Both methods yield the same problem.

May 15, 2019 at 11:40 am #3815821

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

As you requested, I have moved the chat ticket to the normal ticket.

Could you please go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Status tag and create missing translations and let me know if the problem exists.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 15, 2019 at 7:03 pm #3819787

andrewM-35

Hi Shekhar,

Thats seems to have worked, thank you very much.

What did clicking the 'create missing translation' button actually do?

I would like to know for future reference.

Kind Regards,
Andrew

May 16, 2019 at 3:14 am #3821353

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

What did clicking the 'create missing translation' button actually do?

This button creates all the pages needed to run WooCommerce properly in all languages, such as cart, checkout, shop pages.

Kind Regards,
Shekhar

May 16, 2019 at 10:24 am #3824607

andrewM-35

Hi Shekhar,

My developer (WPML contractor) who set up WPML on our site, said to add products exclusively via the below 2 methods.

He NEVER mentioned to add a product by clicking "Add New" under the "Products" section which you have advised me to do. Everything seems to be working as it should doing it this way however I am about to add over 200 products which will take months of work.

Can you please assure me that adding products via Products - Add new is exactly the same as the below two methods, with the only difference being that the fields are not already filled in/duplicated. And that everything else works exactly the same (in WPML, Woocommerce, WordPress).

Your opinion would be much appreciated.

METHODS DEVELOPER ADVISED

1. WPML - Translation management - click the tick box next to the product you want to translate
2. Select "Duplicate content" for the desired country
3. Click duplicate
4. the product can then be found in Products - under the relevant country

OR

1. Clicked 'edit' on a product
2. In the right column, click a duplicate box next to the desired country
3. Click duplicate
4. the product can then be found in Products - under the relevant country

May 16, 2019 at 11:04 am #3825179

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Can you please assure me that adding products via Products - Add new is exactly the same as the below two methods

No, it's not the same, the methods explained by your developers explains how to add products and it's translations.

But since you wanted to have the option to add the stock, price, shipping different than the default product (which is not possible right now), I requested you to create a separate product in the respective language instead of translation (as a workaround)

WooCommerce Multilingual operates thinking you are selling the same product in different languages thus have the same stock, SKU, shipping, status, etc.

If you want to sell a product that needs to have a different stock value, stock, etc in the secondary language, I suggest you add the product in the second language as a new product.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks