Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by paulL-22 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
January 8, 2019 at 12:13 am

paulL-22

I am trying to:Translate the circled fields in the image

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:the correct translation

Instead, I got: wrong translation

January 8, 2019 at 9:12 am #3065930

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Could you please try to translate the following strings in WPML > String Translation? Please be sure to mark it as 'Translation is complete' and click 'save'

'Home' under the text domain 'admin_texts_wpseo_titles'

'Sermons'/'Sermon' under the text domain 'admin_texts_ctc_settings'

As for the Events and Team page, it seems to be a compatibility issue with your theme and/or Church Content Pro plugin. Your theme/plugin are currently not listed as among WPML compatible themes/plugins.

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

For this reason, I have created a testing site for you. You can access this simply by clicking on the following link:

hidden link

The idea is that you upload your Saved theme and Church Content Pro plugin and help us reproduce the problem. In this way, if it is indeed a compatibility problem, we can accelerate the process and contact our Compatibility Team and work with the theme/plugin author on the resolution of your problem.

You do not have to recreate your site, just install the minimum necessary to reproduce the problem.
Please let me know once done so I can go and check. If you have any questions please let us know.

Kind regards,
Dennis

January 9, 2019 at 2:14 pm #3072084
paulL-22

Hi Dennis,
For #1, I tried what you told but it's not working.
For #2, the theme or plugin that I am using doesn't have compatibility problem with wpml because the compatibility team checked it when they solved a problem for me with the same theme and plugin.
Also, you didn't give me an answer about the newsletter plugin, see image called " Newsletter-French1.
I am waiting for your help.

Thanks.

Paul

January 10, 2019 at 7:25 am #3074721

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I checked your website and it seems that the 'Home' string at the breadcrumbs are now translated as well as the 'Months' string. Please refer to the attached image.

Can you please confirm this at your end?

I found your case solved by our compatibility team which refers to recurring events issue. This issue [current issue] is quite different from what is resolved by the team.

I can see that the issue existed in our CloudWays server created from your previous issue.

hidden link

Where English events appear in French page.

I will inform the compatibility team about this and escalate. Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him.

I will split the issue to cover the newsletter plugin issue. I will make my reply on the separate thread. As per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket.

Kind regards,
Dennis

January 10, 2019 at 2:44 pm #3076570

paulL-22

The first time you tried to translate it, it displayed like that but if you click again on the "mois" or sermons par date, it will displayed mixed language where will find "Home" instead of "Accueil" and "Month" instead of "mois" and the other field will be in English. Take a little time to see that. Lokk at the file called "Sermon-French2" that exactly happened and still happens.

Paul

January 11, 2019 at 4:22 am #3079224

Dennis

Hi,

Thank for your reply.

It seems to be a cache problem. To confirm this could you please try to deactivate SG Optimizer plugin?

Also, kindly clear your browser's cache and check if the strings appear correctly.

Kind regards,
Dennis

January 11, 2019 at 7:33 am #3079505

Dennis

Hi,

Could you please upload your updated Saved theme and Church Content Pro plugin to our test site?

hidden link

We would need the have the updated copies of the theme/plugin installed so as to reflect your current installation.

Please let me know once done so I can forward the updated details to our Compatibility Team.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Kind regards,
Dennis

January 12, 2019 at 6:24 pm #3083605
paulL-22

Hi Dennis,
For #1, it really seems a cache issue because when I deactivate the memcache, it works fine but I have to further look at it because I found this problem with the "Blog" menu and it still there even when I am disable the memcache.

For #2, I think this will not work because this a premium plugin and is available for one site. Furthermore, the author states the following:
Please be aware that a compatible theme is required for presenting content from these church-centric post types in a tightly-integrated manner.
Who this is for
This plugin is intended for a very specific audience. If you are not one of the following then this plugin will not be useful to you.
Users of official themes from ChurchThemes.com
Users of third-party themes made specifically for this plugin
Theme developers improving data portability for church sites.
Also, the environment of my site with a lot of plugin is different from your website. I think the best thing to do replicate my site on your server via duplicator that one of your teammates installed in my site.

I am still waiting for your help.

New threads created by Dennis and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-some-fields-couldnt-be-translated-strings-are-not-translated/

January 14, 2019 at 9:26 am #3086468

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

In order to help us to bring you a great service and also help other users to find all the information here exposed, it's better to keep only one issue on each ticket.

For that reason, I have splitted the thread to cover discussion of the issue which is related to string translation of some text on the breadcrumbs and menus. I'll check it out in a few moments.

If possible, could you please share us fresh copies of the theme and plugin so we can update the theme/plugin installed on our server? Will that work for you? You can share it using google drive or dropbox etc. Please just mark your reply as private when sending the links.

I'll look forward to your reply. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

January 14, 2019 at 11:55 pm #3090095

paulL-22

I think you can use the duplicator plugin to replicate my website on your server.

Thanks.

January 15, 2019 at 10:18 am #3092055

Dennis

Hi,

I have forwarded the details to our Themes & Plugins Compatibility Team and they will contact the author. Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him. We will update you as soon as we have feedback from them.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

January 15, 2019 at 2:54 pm #3093421

paulL-22

I am waiting for your reply when the compatibility team send you something.

Thanks.

January 16, 2019 at 9:50 am #3096779

Dennis

Hi,

While waiting for our compatibility team, It would be great if you can also try to contact the author asking him to reply to us. You could also refer them to our Go Global program so that we can help them make their product compatible with WPML. This may help expedite the process.

http://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

Kind regards,
Dennis

January 17, 2019 at 2:31 pm #3102436

paulL-22

Ok. I will contact the author.
Thanks

January 18, 2019 at 1:41 am #3104176

Dennis

Hi,

Great. thank you!

Kind regards,