This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
July 11, 2019 at 2:41 am #4185283

reiL

Following an update of the WPML plugin, we are trying to send content for translation through the LionBridge translation service.

General information:

hidden link
hidden link

Previous plugin versions:

sitepress-multilingual-cms Version 4.0.7 (this is the main plugin)
wpml-string-translation Version 2.8.7
wpml-translation-management Version 2.6.7
wpml-media-translation Version 2.3.7
woocommerce-multilingual Version 4.3.6
acfml Version 0.8
wpml-all-import Version 2.0.6

After updating the WPML plugins to the latest version, we are facing an issue with incorrect translation of fields containing numbers.

The applied settings are the same for both number and text fields and haven't been modified from how they were before the upgrade when it worked correctly. However, some fields have come back after test translation incorrectly e.g. the content is not translated/copied to the destination language as we would expect.

For instance, the settings we have for some fields are hidden link and this is how the translations are settled after coming back from the test translation service: hidden link hidden link.

Our question is why the translations with the same settings are being settled differently after they come back from the translation service? Why are some fields returned correctly while others are not? The settings for the fields have not been changed from how they were prior to the update.

Can you please assist with that?

July 11, 2019 at 9:51 am #4188255

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will help you with your issue.

Please share temporary access to your site, I can take a closer look into the issue. I have enabled private fields for you to securely share the details.

Also, Please share the xliff file (Completed Translation file) downloaded from Lionbridge, I will give a better idea about the issue.

There is the slightest change in transalation preference settings in the latest version of ACFML

Please also mention the page used to test using the Lionbridge service. Let me check the issue for you.

Kind regards
Raja

July 12, 2019 at 12:30 pm #4198711

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Thanks for the detailed clarification,

please use the mail id raja.m@onthegosystems.com for the access.

Once I get the access I will check the xliff sent from the translation manager and compare it with the lionbridge xliff that would give a better idea.

Thanks for the clarification on the custom fields, Can you please clarify is is custom coded or from the theme?

Kind regards
Raja

July 15, 2019 at 4:17 am #4207025

reiL

Hi Raja,

Thank you for sending that over to me. I will get your access setup today and notify you once ready.

I will confirm with the developers on your custom fields query.

Can you please set my next response to be private?

Thank you,
Adrian

July 15, 2019 at 4:33 am #4207049

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Adrian

Thanks for the information, I have enabled the private fields.

Kind regards
Raja

July 16, 2019 at 7:27 am #4217033

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience, I have gone through the xliff file, WPML handles numerical fields differently it doesn't send number fields to translation and hence it is missing in the xliff file and in the translation.

For eg, the count filed in the variation data had an input type of number, Whereas the field "No load speed" is a text field and hence it is sent to translation and they are translated as expected.

The possible solution for your issue is to set the translation preference for fields of type number to either "copy" or "copy once"

I hope this clarifies your issue, let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Raja

July 16, 2019 at 11:07 am #4219491

reiL

Thank you kindly Raja. I have passed your suggestions onto the developers to look into and I will let you know how the solution works.

Thanks again,
Adrian

July 16, 2019 at 12:54 pm #4220211

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Sure 🙂
Thanks for the updated.

July 17, 2019 at 8:49 am #4227821

reiL

Hi Raja,

We have tried the instructions you provided and changed some field types but this has not fixed the issue. I have provided details below with more details on what we are seeing.

Please refer to this example: hidden link

The fields 'Length...' and 'Battery typ...' are both text fields, but one of them gets translated and the other does not. Why would this happen now when prior to updating the plugin this was working correctly?

Also, in regards to these fields hidden link, the fields 'Voltage' and 'Max torque' are text type of fields because sometimes they have just numbers and sometimes they have numbers and text. That is why the type of fields is selected as 'text' and why we need to set them to "Translate' and not "Copy". However, you can see that the field values are not being translated, they are just being left blank.

Can you please advise on what should be done for those?

Thank you for your further help on this.

Adrian

July 17, 2019 at 11:26 am #4229427

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Adrian,

If not already done, Please try the below steps
- Please send a test translation to Lionbridge Check if all the fields are available for translation in Lionbridge.
- Export the job as XLIFF file by selecting the job from Translation Management > Translation jobs
- Complete the translation in Lionbridge and download the XLIFF file
- Check if all the translations are retrieved without any issue.

In any case, send both the xliff files obtained from translation management and Lionbridge completed translation of the same job to us for further verification, I can check this issue with the translation services support with all the information.

Kind regards
Raja

July 17, 2019 at 11:29 am #4229445

reiL

Hi Raja,

OK thank you, we will do those steps and send you xliff files once completed.

Best regards,
Adrian

July 18, 2019 at 7:48 am #4235809

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Thanks, I will await your results.

Regards
Raja

July 18, 2019 at 9:09 am #4236383

reiL

Hi Raja,

We have done what you suggested and checked the files from before and after the translation and it appears that the fields are not being sent to LionBridge (for translation) in the first place. It appears they are being cut somewhere before the translation service stage.

You can view the files here, I have provided access just to you using your email address you provided earlier in the conversation:

hidden link
hidden link

Please let me know if you have further questions or need further information.

Many thanks,
Adrian

July 19, 2019 at 4:48 am #4243833

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Adrian,

I have made some adjustments and sent the translation for the product "M18™ Compact Brushless Impact Driver" can you please send me the xliff file received by Lionbridge. It will be helpful to escalate this issue.

Please note I am not requesting to translate the file again. I just need only the xliff file.

Kind regards
Raja

July 19, 2019 at 8:28 am #4244891

reiL

Hi Raja,

No problem at all, please find the xliff file for this new translation here I have just got from LionBridge. Please let me know if you need anything else:

hidden link

Many thanks,
Adrian