Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
September 22, 2020 at 8:35 pm #7073327

heidiS-4

The majority of our Japanese and Korean pages are showing the correct translations. However, there are some items on the pages that are either not showing at all and some that only show English. String translations have been manually entered and checked "use my translation".

hidden link

hidden link

September 23, 2020 at 12:48 pm #7080349

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

Would you mind updating WPML plugins to the latest versions before we resume checking this out?

Based on the debug log, you have outdated versions of our plugins such as WPML Multilingual CMS 4.2.8, Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual 1.4.0, etc.

If not yet the case, make sure to have the latest updates already installed, including not only WPML but also related plugins (such as Elementor, WooCommerce, etc).

https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

Please do the above and let us know if the issue is still happening.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

check.jpg
September 23, 2020 at 1:38 pm #7080885

heidiS-4

All plugins have been updated and still seeing English on the page for Hotel-events KR:

hidden link

[removed]

I'm in the process of copying Hotel-deals to a dev environment to update plugins for the JP issue.

September 24, 2020 at 2:05 pm #7092475

Lauren
Supporter

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Hi there, I'll be handling your ticket from here. I assume you are referring to the check in and check out text on the form? I see that is showing in English. How is this form created - is it coming from a theme or plugin? Do you have the option to change the text that appears in these fields? If so, it may be that you need to add the correct strings from the admin texts and translate those. You can check by going to WPML -> String Translation and at the bottom of the page, click translate texts in admin screens. Then search for the check in string. If you find it, add it to string translation and try translating that.

Please let me know the results.

September 24, 2020 at 3:25 pm #7093099

heidiS-4

Yes, that is some of the text that is not showing in language. There is also some text that is missing from Korean that's showing on English (example: hidden link ) Missing the headers for Guest Rooms, Event Space and the help text within those input fields. I'm not exactly sure where this is coming from as it was built out by an agency we no longer work with.

I did look in the "translate texts in admin screens" but could not find this text their. The check-in text does appear in string translations but it's not picking up what has been entered. Other items like Guest Rooms does not appear in string translations or the admin screen section.

September 24, 2020 at 3:34 pm #7093191

Lauren
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

September 25, 2020 at 5:03 pm #7101973

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for sharing access. How is that check in form being inserted into the page? I checked the KR - Test page but I don't see any fields for it. I also scanned the theme templates but I couldn't find anywhere the form is created. Can you please tell me where I can locate it? It may be that the place holder strings are not wrapped in a gettext call, and that is why translation is not working. Thanks for your assistance.

September 28, 2020 at 2:34 pm #7116453

heidiS-4

I'm not quite sure. We no longer work with the agency that built this component. I'll take another look and see if I can figure that out.

September 28, 2020 at 2:52 pm #7116667

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks, i will need to know that in order to try and determine how to translate the place holder strings. Once you find that, let me know here and I'll be happy to troubleshoot further. Thanks!

The topic ‘[Closed] Some languages not showing translated string translation’ is closed to new replies.