Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 25, 2019 at 8:47 am #3680229

vovaH

I have an AСF plugin. It have a fields group. This group contains many layouts. All page templates on the site as a result consist of a set of such layouts.

I tried to make these custom fields translatable on the pages. To do this, I first used this instruction: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/. But it turned out to be not the best option for me due to the large number of fields and their confusion and did not work (or partially worked).

What I did:
1) I made a group of fields translatable into all languages ​​(by duplication by analogy with the page)
2) After that, when I duplicate a page with custom fields to another language - all custom fields are also duplicated and I can edit them in all languages ​​in a familiar interface (see screenshot)

What is the problem:
After duplicating the page into one specific language (in my case Italian), some blocks with custom fields have only a block header, but don't contain within the fields to fill. (see screenshot: layout 3 and 4 are not collapsed, they don't contain anything inside (that is, if they are opened - the direction of the arrow will simply change and nothing else))
The same situation, if I create a new page in Italian and try to add blocks - some of them are created without fields, but only with the title of the block itself.

This problem occurs only with some blocks of the fields group and only in Italian. In all other languages ​​(including custom language), everything work is perfect.

April 25, 2019 at 1:03 pm #3682641

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Vova,

Can you tell me if this is happening only on pages from the Italian language or is is happening on other languages too, please? Also, are there pages in Italian that don't have this problem? Last but not least, have you tried to delete this translated page and create it again from scratch to see if the problem is still there? I just want to see if there's a pattern for this problem or if it is just a isolated case.

Thanks,
Radu

April 29, 2019 at 10:08 am #3702001

vovaH

- Can you tell me if this is happening only on pages from the Italian language or is is happening on other languages too, please?

This happens only with the Italian language. And the problem doesn't depend on a specific page, but depends on several specific layouts. If I add one of these problem layouts on the page (on any page in Italian), then it will not contain anything but its own title.

- Also, are there pages in Italian that don't have this problem?

As I wrote above: the problem doesn't depend on a specific page, but depends on the combination of the Italian language and one of the problem layouts.

- Last but not least, have you tried to delete this translated page and create it again from scratch to see if the problem is still there?

Yes, I tried to create a new page and copy it. The problem has not disappeared. I also tried to create a completely new page in Italian without duplication. Those few problem layouts remain as problematic as when duplicating a page.

April 29, 2019 at 1:23 pm #3703737

Radu
Supporter

Hey Vova,

Is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area of the website? This way I'll be able to check this a bit closer and, also, copy all the custom fields on my side to see if I can replicate this issue. I set the next message to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

April 29, 2019 at 1:59 pm #3704119

vovaH

Yes, I can give you access to the site. But the current message was not private (there was no form to send you data)

April 30, 2019 at 6:45 am #3708235

Radu
Supporter

Hey Vova,

I set again the next reply to be private. Can you give it another try, please?

Thanks,
Radu

May 5, 2019 at 2:17 pm #3743003

vovaH

Hey Radu,

Did you try to login and to check the issue?

May 6, 2019 at 5:06 am #3744825

Radu
Supporter

Hey Vova,

Sorry for this late reply. I just checked your website but I could see that the ACF plugin is no longer active. Can you update it to the latest version, activate it back, and tell me which fields group is the one that you have problems with, please? I'll check this out as soon as you reply me back.

Thanks,
Radu

May 6, 2019 at 8:18 am #3745781

vovaH

Hey Radu,
thanks for quick replay.

Actually we use ACF PRO, so it was active. But according to your request we activated and update the ACF.

As for the problematic fields group, there are a few. For example, on page ../it/about-us in edit mode you can find that the following sections are collapsed and it is impossible to edit them:
- About us Media Coverage
- About Us Press Releases
But for another languages it is fine. If you need more info please let us know.

May 6, 2019 at 12:52 pm #3748535

vovaH

Hello there! Are there any news?

May 7, 2019 at 11:40 am #3757355

Radu
Supporter

Hey Vova,

Please follow these steps and tell me how things work this time:

• edit this page hidden link;
  • edit the Italian language;
  • make sure that all the fields are translated and that all the Translation is complete boxes are checked so the progress at the bottom side is at 100%;
  • press the Save & Close button;
  • make a little change on the English version of the page (like adding a blank space at the end of a sentence, for example);
  • hit the Update button to save the changes;
  • edit again the Italian version;
  • make any text change you want;
  • save the changes.

I know that this might look complicated but it's actually very simple. Once you did all these steps, please let me know if the translation you make to the Italian language is working fine. I'm waiting for your message back.

Thanks,
Radu

May 7, 2019 at 12:41 pm #3757833

vovaH

Thanks for your answer. I started from the 1) and 2) steps of your instruction and I have a question: I see that values of some fields are different for Italian. Should I click "Copy all fields from original"?

May 7, 2019 at 1:18 pm #3758173

vovaH

So, I did everything as you said, but it didn't solve the main reason why we asked your help: some field groups are still collapsed (see att.).
But when I edit these collapsed fields via Translation Editor, I see only original values of the other fields, so it rewrites all changes made outside the Translation Editor.

May 7, 2019 at 1:30 pm #3758491

vovaH

To show clearly where is the problem please open this link ../wp-admin/post.php?post=20479&action=edit&lang=it&update_needed=1&trid=2838&language_code=it and go to the section "About Us Press Releases". It is collapsed even if you add the new one with the same layout. This issue we have only with Italian and only with some layouts.

May 8, 2019 at 11:50 am #3766253

vovaH

Hello Radu,
Are there any problems with the solving of our issue? Do you have any questions? Do you need any additional information?
All our team is waiting for the solving of this critical issue. Hope to hear from you soon.

The topic ‘[Closed] Some layouts do not contain fields to fill.’ is closed to new replies.