This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
July 10, 2019 at 5:13 pm #4183159

fernandoC-30

I am trying to: Have a working page in spanish and some links are wrong in the translation. I'm using the Advanced Translation Editor

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (links of images and CTAs under CENTROS)

I expected to see: Under CENTROS, the links should be hidden link and hidden link (those are the ones you get when getting into the english version of those center's pages and clicking the Spanish flag).

Instead, I got: Links are hidden link for both centers, shouldn't be de same link, and it is not a valid link.

July 10, 2019 at 9:09 pm #4184465

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML!

First of all, please make sure your server meets all the requirements for running WPML:

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Then, please increase the Max Input Vars to 10000. You can either ask your hosting provider for help on this or use the tutorial linked below to increase the max input vars:

hidden link

Now, go to WPML - Settings - Translate Link Targets and click Scan now.

This should fix the wrong permalinks in your pages.

Let me know if you need any other help!

July 11, 2019 at 3:10 pm #4191447

fernandoC-30

Hello,

I was able to increase the memory to 256MBs (was at 40 MBs), I wasn't able to increase the Max Input Vars to 10000, it is at 3000, but did run the scan process and it finished successfully, but those links are still not fixed.

What can we do next? This is critical for us.

July 11, 2019 at 10:42 pm #4193391

fernandoC-30

Hello,

The full day has passed and you didn't answer the ticket.
We have found a patters because is it happening in more places. The links that are wrong are the ones in the Module Link URL of DIVI.

We need assistance asap.

Best regards

July 11, 2019 at 10:52 pm #4193465

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.

I would need to login to your site to find the possible cause of the issue. Can you please provide admin username and password to your site? I would also need permissions to enable/disable themes, plugin and do some minimal WPML settings changes.

I've marked your next reply as private so that only you and I have access to it.

July 12, 2019 at 6:09 pm #4200993

fernandoC-30

Hello,

Any news?

July 12, 2019 at 8:39 pm #4201627

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Not yet. I'm performing debugging steps in my local environment and will let you know as soon as I find something. 🙂

Can you please check the login details? I'm not able to login to your site.

I've marked your next reply as private as well.

July 15, 2019 at 12:52 pm #4211153

fernandoC-30

Hello,

Still no news?

Best regards,

July 17, 2019 at 1:26 pm #4230533

fernandoC-30

Hello,

Why is it taking so long? This is a serious issue in the site and with your editor not handling URLs correctly. Are you even working of the issue?

Please give more priotiry to this or provide us with a workaround.

July 17, 2019 at 7:49 pm #4233181

fernandoC-30

Hello.

No answer at all? Are you working on the issue?

July 18, 2019 at 6:07 am #4235135

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.

I was unable to replicate this on my local environment. While your page is set to use Advanced Translation Editor, on my local it showed classic Translation Editor which allowed me to translate the links.

I went to your page - Edit page - switched language using the admin bar and updated the links manually.

If you face the same issue on other pages, you would have to edit the links manually as well.

Please let me know if this helps!

July 18, 2019 at 10:19 pm #4242491

fernandoC-30

Hello,

Since I did the scan that was suggested in this thread I have the issue in all link of that kind. So I should swith config to classis translation editor instead of advanced and try that?

Also, just to claarify, when you manually edit a translated page, that in fact turns into an independent page, right? What I mean is that I loose the ability to use the translation editors... and if I change format for example, now I need to update both pages. Is that so?

Thanks

July 22, 2019 at 1:41 am #4253079

fernandoC-30

Answer please.

July 22, 2019 at 1:51 am #4253081

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

The scan I suggested only work for links on post. If you have added link in page builder, you would have to translate the links manually.

I would suggest switching to Classic Editor and looking if it shows up links in translation fields. Yes, you would need to update both pages since the page is independent now.

Let me know if this answers your question.

July 22, 2019 at 3:43 am #4253709

fernandoC-30

Hello

I found in the PHP Error log 100s of errors that suggest an issue with the configuration of the custom type of the Team Showcase Plugin. Can you review this error and make sure the config for that custom type is right? (or point me in the direction to fix it).

[31-May-2019 16:58:24 UTC] WordPress database error Unknown column 'wpml_translations.language_code' in 'where clause' for query SELECT wp_353022_posts.* FROM wp_353022_posts WHERE 1=1 AND wp_353022_posts.post_name = 'international-news-feed' AND wp_353022_posts.post_type = 'attachment' AND ( ( ( wpml_translations.language_code = 'en' OR (
wpml_translations.language_code = 'en'
AND wp_353022_posts.post_type IN ( 'ajde_events','tshowcase' )
AND ( (
( SELECT COUNT(element_id)
FROM wp_353022_icl_translations
WHERE trid = wpml_translations.trid
AND language_code = 'en'
) = 0
) OR (
( SELECT COUNT(element_id)
FROM wp_353022_icl_translations t2
JOIN wp_353022_posts p ON p.id = t2.element_id
WHERE t2.trid = wpml_translations.trid
AND t2.language_code = 'en'
AND (
p.post_status = 'publish' OR
p.post_type='attachment' AND p.post_status = 'inherit'
)
) = 0 ) )
) ) AND wp_353022_posts.post_type IN ('page','attachment','et_pb_layout','project','ajde_events','tshowcase' ) ) OR wp_353022_posts.post_type NOT IN ('page','attachment','et_pb_layout','project','ajde_events','tshowcase' ) ) ORDER BY wp_353022_posts.post_date DESC made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), wp, WP->main, WP->query_posts, WP_Query->query, WP_Query->get_posts

The topic ‘[Closed] Some links are not translated properly and are broken in the spanish version’ is closed to new replies.