This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Some links in a post are not an anchor even already edit it as a link in a post Solution: I think that the reason for this was because somehow the elements ended up as a part of the element, thus breaking the URL for some reason or rendering invalid markup. If you see this anywhere else, you can simply delete that link (or check how it is rendered using HTML viewer), type the text anew and then set the new URL. This is how I did it and it worked.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Henry Chandra 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 11, 2019 at 3:31 am

Henry Chandra

I am trying to: edit the text as a link

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: an anchor of the word that i make it a link

Instead, I got: a normal word without an anchor and one will not know its a link and it's clickable.

See the attached picture of the words that should be a link in a post but did not show as an anchor.

Another picture is in edit post where i have make it a link as shown below.

July 11, 2019 at 11:55 am #4189433

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Check now:
hidden link

I think that the reason for this was because somehow the <span> elements ended up as a part of the <a> element, thus breaking the URL for some reason or rendering invalid markup. If you see this anywhere else, you can simply delete that link (or check how it is rendered using HTML viewer), type the text anew and then set the new URL. This is how I did it and it worked.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 12, 2019 at 3:12 am #4194537

Henry Chandra

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!