This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
March 29, 2019 at 4:48 pm #3493069

conorB-3

Tell us what you are trying to do?
our website agency built the site. I had access to ask questions on the forum but told I needed licence details so I registed….Trying to translate strings

Is there any documentation that you are following? Sorry??

Is there a similar example that we can see?
SO I have translated all the strings and many have changed

But you can see here that on the left hand side manufacturure and display type has not hidden link and others here hidden link

What is the link to your site?
boxtechnologies.com/sv/

not sure where i would find WPML Debug info from

March 29, 2019 at 4:50 pm #3493085

conorB-3

PS I am not a developer - an agency built the multi language city for us. I am adding content and doing the translations - I know the basics and understand wordpress

March 29, 2019 at 6:52 pm #3494153

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Please, provide us with some more details regarding your request. Which strings are still not translated or missing in your website frontend? What do you need to translate in your website? Which steps are you following? These details will help me to figure out what's happening, this way I can provide you with a detailed and accurate answer. Thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

April 1, 2019 at 8:35 am #3505339

conorB-3

I click the upload button below but nothing comes up.. I need to show you.

April 1, 2019 at 6:32 pm #3510947

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and sorry for the bit of waiting due the weekend. Please, provide us with some detailed steps on how to reproduce the issue in your website and also some WordPress Dashboard access details, so we can take a closer look and provide you with a solution for your issue. For that, please, consider:

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

April 2, 2019 at 1:47 pm #3518009

conorB-3

PLease can you confirm you have the details needed? I had to share them with someone else as have another issue.. they told me to update my plug ins etc and I did now its lost all images.!!

April 3, 2019 at 2:06 am #3521391

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the provided access details, it is working properly. I noticed some of your products are assigned to some custom fields while other are assigned to others entirely different custom fields and it explain because you see some custom fields for one category but not for the other categories. However I am still not able to understand what do you need to achieve, can you please, provide me with the full details regarding what do you need to achieve here? Thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

April 3, 2019 at 10:25 am #3524501

conorB-3

I have gone into the website and translated the string text from enlish to Swedish,...

But you can see here that on the left hand side on this page ;hidden link that "manufacturure" and "display type" has not not translated and others here on this page too.....hidden link

I don't know how else to explain it?

April 4, 2019 at 5:32 pm #3537291

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please, let me explain: you have some products assigned to custom fields, and these custom fields determine what to show in your website frontend. I noticed some categories shows some specific custom fields while others show other entirely different custom fields, and it happens both for the primary language and your secondary languages, for example:

hidden link - Primary language category.

hidden link - Secondary language category.

Shows the 'Screen Size', 'Manufacturer' and 'Display Type' for both the primary language and the secondary languages.

hidden link - Primary language category.

hidden link - Secondary language category.

Shows the 'Screen Size', 'Operating System' and 'Processor' for both the primary language and the secondary languages.

The above confirms we don't have translations issues here, instead it is something related to the way your custom fields, category and products are setup. As explained above the exact same custom fields appears in both languages, if we had a translation issue you would see different custom fields according language, instead here you see different custom fields according products and categories regardless the language.

Hope it brings some more clarifications for you. Have a nice day.

April 5, 2019 at 9:12 am #3542505

conorB-3

HI, This is a translation issue, its not a software issue. The pages are working correct in the fact that the different words are appearing correctly on the different page types however I want those words to be in swedish on the Swedish website. Currently they are in English. I am trying to find out how this can be done as what I have tried is not working.
If you could help with this that would be great. Thank you

April 5, 2019 at 6:39 pm #3546381

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. In this case you should translate the custom fields lables defined with the Advanced Custom Fields plugin, I see you still didn't add translations for your fields froups. Please, read the full details on how to proceed at: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/. Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.