This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by syedO 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 15, 2019 at 11:32 am

muhammadn-5

I am trying to: visit hidden link but its showing the following error "The site is experiencing technical difficulties." Also, if you add any product in cart and go to view cart same issue is occuring. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ITS ONLY FOR ARABIC LANGUAGE

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link All inner pages url are not working.

I expected to see:

Instead, I got: "The site is experiencing technical difficulties."

September 16, 2019 at 10:04 am #4578455

muhammadn-5

Any update please ?

September 16, 2019 at 12:27 pm #4580217

muhammadn-5

Guys,

Its been over 24 hours but i didn't get any update. Please do it asap as the site is live.

September 16, 2019 at 3:31 pm #4582051

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- It seems there is a third party functionality causing a conflict in the code. I would like to ask you to follow this steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Update all outdated plugins and themes.
- Flush all cache memory.
- Activate the debug mode by following the steps described in this link: https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML, Woocommerce and Woocommerce Multilingual.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

Could you tell me the result of this steps?

2.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Kind regards,
Carlos

September 16, 2019 at 6:16 pm #4583109

muhammadn-5

I did it all the steps and could see that by deactivating WPML String Translation URL are working.

What should i do now we need WPML String Translation.

That was the error:

Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: Translation name cannot be empty in /home/hyakah/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-page-translation.php:107 Stack trace: #0 /home/hyakah/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-page-translation.php(44): WPML_ST_Page_Translation->validate_values('10504970', '', 'woocommerce-che...') #1 /home/hyakah/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/persist/class-wpml-st-page-translations-persist.php(137): WPML_ST_Page_Translation->__construct('10504970', '', 'woocommerce-che...', '', false, '') #2 [internal function]: WPML_ST_Page_Translations_Persist->create_translation_from_db_record(Array) #3 /home/hyakah/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/persist/class-wpml-st-page-translations-persist.php(81): array_map(Array, Array) #4 /home/hyakah/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation in /home/hyakah/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-page-translation.php on line 107

September 17, 2019 at 10:19 am #4587605

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I took a deeper look at the issue and it seems that the language switcher at the top is not working correctly. I added a language switcher at the bottom of the page to test it (is still there so you can test it, and can be deactivated in WPML -> Languages -> Footer language switcher -> De-select the option) and you can see that the cart is working correctly.

I also realized that the Contact page wasn't translated, so I duplicated it to Arabic language and you can see that when you switch to Arabic there is no error, although the page is empty which is a different issue.

Could you confirm that the original issue is solved?

Regards,
Carlos

Note: Multi-currency option is activated in Woocommerce -> Woocommerce Multilingual -> Multi-currency tab but no secondary currency has been added, which may cause issues too.

October 15, 2019 at 10:21 am #4756159

syedO

Hello,

Arabic is the main language of my website and english is second language.

I want hidden link to load Arabic site not like this hidden link

Main domain will load Arabic site.

Rightnow, Main laguage is loading like this hidden link