This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alimB 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
April 27, 2019 at 11:07 am #3695225

alimB

I am trying to: I have assigned translation jobs to my local translator

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Some paras are fine and are translating fine

Instead, I got: Some paras have some weird coloured divs that I can't figure out

April 29, 2019 at 11:11 am #3702549

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

The colored div means they have some markup, could you please check if it's possible that the colors are showing as a markup has been added?

All you have to do is highlight a phrase and click the colored button that matches the marker in the original language. The phrase becomes highlighted with the same color as the original text. Now, the same formatting will be applied to the translation.

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

April 30, 2019 at 8:11 am #3709151

alimB

Hi Shekhar

Thanks for the update .. it's clearer now.. I have one more question.. the coloured tags are clear and I think editable and can be translated.. and from my experience when the translator copies the text from orginal then the colour tags get copied as well so there's really no need to select phrase and re-do the colouring..

Anyways there was a situation where there was an image inserted within the sentence and we had the markup come like this <image> and this of course was not editable but it would not allow the translation to be saved.. I had to go to the original and remove the image markup and then it was ok..

Now similarly we have this markup <wpml_linebreak> that seems to be appearing.. and I am sure this too will be an issue while saving.. the other things is my team can't find this markup in the post.. (I have to trust that they searched properly).. anyways please do advise how to avoid such tricky situations and for now how to fix this.. I have attached an image for you to have a clearer idea..

May 2, 2019 at 10:34 am #3723803

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Are there any spaces or some markups that are changing to the <wpml_linebreak>? Am I correct to say if you insert the same markup <wpml_linebreak> in the translation it's not possible to translate the content?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 9, 2019 at 3:22 am #3772613

alimB

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! The issue was that the text was copy pasted from some the original source which may have been a word file or google doc so a lot of unecessary markups were copied.. removing those markups resolved the issue..:-)..