This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Some Image Gallery doesn't display on Frontend in the English version. Not all. In the backend they (Image Gallery components) are there. Solution: Install the WPML Media Translation and use the Duplicate existing media for translated content option from WPML → Settings → Media Translation section.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 14, 2019 at 6:34 pm

geraldC-2

Hi

I realized that some images were missing on the frontend on translated pages while they were in the backend.
Take a look to this page:

hidden link

Some Image Gallery doesn't display on Frontend in the English version. Not all.
In the backend they (Image Gallery components) are there.

In the original language (french) there is no problem

I went to media library it seems that many images are missing.
When i disable WPML Multilingual CMS plugin, all images come back in the media library.

So could you help me to understand and fix it please?

April 15, 2019 at 12:02 pm #3613225

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Gerald,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I can see what are the images missing from the English version. As I can see, when I'm trying to edit the translation of the page, the progress bar from the bottom side says that everything is done to 81%. Can you make sure that all the fields are translated and the Traduction terminée boxes are checked, please? Once you do this, just have another look at the page and tell me if the galleries are back.

Thanks,
Radu

April 15, 2019 at 7:10 pm #3615915

geraldC-2

Hi Radu,

I tried what you proposed. Without success.
So i even tried to crush english version by the french one, to start new content from beginning.

That's the case but it is still the same pictures issue.

I still need your help please.

April 16, 2019 at 7:07 am #3618617

geraldC-2

I tried things because i need to solve this issue urgently

If you look at the frontend of this page you could see that one of the Image Gallery is displayed (the one for Crémant d’Alsace Rosé). If i duplicate it for others wines it works, we can see image gallery (with Crémant d’Alsace Rosé pictures) Then if i want to modify images to add others pictures wine, i can't because there isn't all images in media library

April 16, 2019 at 7:13 am #3618725

geraldC-2

When i am in Media library if i switch the french flag in backend all pictures are displayed !
If i switch the english flag just a few picture are displayed

So i guess that each media are tagged for one language one other... Please could you tell me more about this behaviour? is it normal ?

April 16, 2019 at 7:24 am #3618867

geraldC-2

I download Media management plugin, and it seems that translating each images from french to english make absent picture come back in the english media library.

But i have more than 300 pictures... Is there any automatic way to copy the french to the english pictures ?

April 16, 2019 at 7:32 am #3619007

geraldC-2

It looks to have some settings in WPML/settings/ media file translation

April 16, 2019 at 7:38 am #3619079

geraldC-2

I solved the issue by generating translation for media in settings screen

April 16, 2019 at 8:13 am #3619619

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Gerald,

I'm glad you managed to sort this out using the Media Translation. Well done!

If you have any other question or need some help, do not hesitate to open a new ticket and we'll take care of it.

Regards,
Radu