Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
March 18, 2020 at 6:12 am #5707609

Maximilien HAIBI

In some product variation not save
hidden link

March 18, 2020 at 12:27 pm #5710589

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Please check the attached images. I am not able to reproduce the issue on my local and testing servers. It shows the correct term for the Product variations without doing any modifications(with the same plugins and child theme). So it looks like the Attribute terms are not showing but the values are saving.

Therefore I have shared the details with our second-tier team and waiting for their expert opinion now. We will get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 18, 2020 at 12:36 pm #5710661

Maximilien HAIBI

Thanks Bigul

yes, its not work on live yet, I debug my self and found attribute values not appear,
For this product hidden link

First variation 159616

$attribute_values = $variation_object->get_attributes( 'edit' );

get pa_size null

if i disable wpml, i get correct pa_size : 41

May this info helpful to you, Please give priority to fix this this issue, your help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks,

March 18, 2020 at 1:09 pm #5711251

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please share a couple of screenshots for a better understanding of the following.

First variation 159616

$attribute_values = $variation_object->get_attributes( 'edit' );

get pa_size null

if i disable wpml, i get correct pa_size : 41

We have a request. Please try the following steps after a site backup and check the issue is existing.

1) Clear all types of caches, including server-side caches
2) Visit WPML>>Settings>>Post Types Translation
3) Choose *Translatable - only show translated items* option for the *Products* post type
4) Save the changes

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 18, 2020 at 1:21 pm #5711315

Maximilien HAIBI

Hello Bigul

I follow your steps and yes its working.

I am afraid about it will impact other website products, no ?

March 18, 2020 at 1:34 pm #5711449

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. If we choose *Translatable - only show translated items* option for the *Products* post type, then only translated Products will show in the secondary language(English). That will be the only difference.

You can switch back to *Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language* option for the *Products* post type. Please check this documentation for more details - https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

I have shared the details with our team and waiting for their feedback. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 18, 2020 at 3:08 pm #5712375

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

This may be happening because the Product Post Type is set as *Translatable – use translation if available or fallback to default language*, but the Product Taxonomies and Variations(product_variation) post type are set as *Translatable – only show translated items*. So it may make conflicts.

So please try the following steps after a full site backup and check you are getting the expected result or not.

1) Clear all types of caches, including server-side caches
2) Visit WPML>>Settings>>Post Types Translation
3) Choose *Translatable – use translation if available or fallback to default language* option for the *Products* and *Variations(product_variation)* post type. You have to unlock translation option for *Variations(product_variation)* post type.
4) Save the changes
5) Scroll down to *Taxonomies Translation* section
6) Choose *Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language* option for *Product tags(product_tag)*,*Product categories(product_cat)* and *Product Size(pa_size)* Taxonomies
7) Save the changes

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 19, 2020 at 5:48 am #5716597

Maximilien HAIBI

Hello Bigul

I follow your instruction, I see one size keep selected hidden link
which is fine

But i set other variation size and do "Save changes" and "Update" but changes not saved.

See attached settings

thanks

March 19, 2020 at 7:02 am #5716839

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I will check about it with our team and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 19, 2020 at 11:46 am #5719433

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

The issue is existing after the initial checks. Therefore we are escalating the ticket to our second-tier team for further debugging. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 20, 2020 at 10:30 am #5727139

Maximilien HAIBI

Hello Bigul

How its going?
Can we have a temporary solution ?
we are in urgency

Thanks

March 20, 2020 at 11:57 am #5727649

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

As a workaround for the time being you can choose the *Translatable - only show translated items* option for the *Products* & *Variations(product_variation)* post type and *Product tags(product_tag)*,*Product categories(product_cat)* & *Product Size(pa_size)* Taxonomies.

Our second-tier team is still working on this issue. We will get back to you as soon as possible when we have an update on this. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 31, 2020 at 2:00 pm #5804911

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

We are still working on this issue. But unfortunately, we are not able to reproduce the issue on our local and different testing servers. May it will be happening because of the cache plugin and Memcache server. Therefore please try the following steps after a full site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

1) Clear all types of caches
2) Deactivate Cache plugins
3) Upgrade to the latest version of WPML, WooCommerce Multilingual and other plugins
4) Then try to update the Product Variations

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Some product variation not save’ is closed to new replies.