This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robbertv-5 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 16, 2018 at 2:00 pm #2159029

robbertv-5

Hi
I have a site NL and UK.
I have one ACF custom field where the content is not copied to UK.
The problem is that it's not with all products. Just with some of them.

I made the ACF field and I imported 10K of products, then i translated the products, with the Dutch as master. So no custom translating.
When i did a search on my site with SearchWP, some product with reference (content) to ACF field did not show up in UK.
So SearchWP did a test and told the ACF UK field was missing. I duplicated the field and i did a setting in the WPML config "copy".

Should the content to automatic be updated (copied from the NL)?
Or do i need to copy it manual. Is there a way to bulk?

May 18, 2018 at 12:41 am #2184735

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

From what I understand, after importing the products, you change the "Copy" option to some products and this worked correctly?

Fields that are changed to "Copy" are usually copied to a product that has not yet been translated or is being edited (default content).

If I understand correctly, you will need to manually access each post and save the original content (just by clicking on the "Update" button) so that the desired fields are copied to the translation.

Alternatively, you can import the content already with these copied custom fields, as long as you import using some tool that allows you to include those fields directly in the bulk. An example of this would be WP All import:

- WP All Import: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-all-import/
- WPML All Import: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

If this is not what you are asking, can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand? Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Thank you.

May 18, 2018 at 5:47 am #2185880

robbertv-5

Thank you