This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 23, 2019 at 8:06 pm #4626431

Bob

I am trying to:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link compared with hidden link (The Russian page)

I expected to see: 7 items

Instead, I got:2 items

September 24, 2019 at 3:51 pm #4632925

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

I can see 7 products on both shop pages. Was the issue solved in the meantime?

In case the issue appears again, make sure to use the troubleshoot options at WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Status -> Troubleshooting in order to sync the products and shops.

Let me know about the outcome.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 24, 2019 at 5:39 pm #4633285

Bob

Yes, I have the products all visible; but no, the issue is not solved. Someone on GitHub suggested (2 years ago) that marking the missing products as "featured" would cause them to appear. This worked, but it puts these products in the "featured" class when they should not be, and cause them to appear in "featured" searches when they should not be.
For now, this is a workaround; but it cannot be a permanent solution.

Someone is currently looking at all categories to see what other products show in one language and not another.

Will syncing products in Woo WPML favor the main language or the secondary language, or whichever is greater? Any ideas?

September 24, 2019 at 5:53 pm #4633317

Bob

The following Bible categories still show fewer products in English than they do in Russian
Hardcover should have 5 results
English/Russian -- 3
Study Bibles -- 3
Bibles in Other languages -- 3
New Testaments -- 6

I won't hack these as "featured" as I did with the softcover products. I'll wait to hear from you.

September 24, 2019 at 6:06 pm #4633395

Bob

I had run most of the troubleshooting sync routines before contacting you the first time. And just now I ran them all. But no change in the different results for EN and RU Bible categories, except the softcover which I hacked.

September 24, 2019 at 7:16 pm #4633805

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to take a look at the categories and the page itself. Did you already a test about if you get the same result with a different theme?

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better for a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

September 25, 2019 at 4:34 pm #4641177

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have reviewed the Category "Hardcover" and recognized one product missing on the English Category. The product is called: Настольная Библия (крупный шрифт)

It is currently out of stock and is not zet translated into English.

Please take note that only translated products will be able to show up on category pages and category filters.

Further, there are many translations that are not completed. Make sure to mark the checkbox at the bottom of the Translation Editor in order to apply the translation as completed.

You can see an overview of translations missing an update at WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Products.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] some products/variations don't display in primary language’ is closed to new replies.