This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by khalidA-27 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
May 9, 2019 at 9:47 am #3774773

khalidA-27

Hello I have some strings that are not found to translate from "lucky wheel" & "free shipping bar" plugins

How can I make them appear to translate them?

May 9, 2019 at 9:59 am #3774909

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Have you tried going through:
WPML -> Theme and plugins localization -> Strings in the plugins (check these two plugins) -> Scan selected plugins for strings

Another thing - are these strings that you are using in the frontend of the site or the plugin settings (admin strings)?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 9, 2019 at 12:23 pm #3776089

khalidA-27

Hello Bruno

Thanks for reply

I've done scanning strings already before. and did it again today, but nothing happened. Still doesn't appear.
Four plugins
Lucky Wheel
Sales Pop
Beeketing
Free shipping bar

Strings I need to translate are those who are displayed in front-end to site visitors

May 9, 2019 at 12:56 pm #3776257

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can you tell me if you are able to find any of these plugins in this list?
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

Since scanning did not find any strings, it is possible that plugin authors didn't make them translatable and you will not be able to do this through WPML either. You can check this by opening the source code of any of these plugins and compare its strings with this:
https://codex.wordpress.org/I18n_for_WordPress_Developers#Translatable_strings

You can check if they used text domains on these strings. If they did but WPML still isn't picking up any strings, then they would need to check this as well:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/achieving-wpml-compatibility-for-your-themes-and-plugins/

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 9, 2019 at 1:49 pm #3776691

khalidA-27

Hi,

I checked but they didn't show. So this mean they cannot be translated? But for lucky wheel I have translated half of its strings, but there still some missing ones.

I'll contact these plugins developers and ask them if their plugins are compatible with WPML or not

Thank you

May 9, 2019 at 2:25 pm #3777053

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

So this mean they cannot be translated?

That is correct. This would also mean that not only WPML would not see them, but any multi-language plugin that needs data from textdomains. Actually, setting textdomains based on i18n should be a standard coding practice these days for both plugins and themes.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 11, 2019 at 1:45 pm #3790581

khalidA-27

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!