This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
March 17, 2020 at 5:55 pm

josem-42

although I scan for them in String Translation

March 17, 2020 at 7:34 pm
March 17, 2020 at 7:35 pm #5705011

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Please wait for my reply here.

Thank you for your patience.

March 18, 2020 at 10:11 pm #5714803

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I've checked things on your site and I can see the problem in String Translation where no strings are showing. Also in Theme and plugins localization, I scanned the AzaleaWP theme and Elated CPT plugin for strings because I think that the 'Continue Reading' string is coming from there. But the issue remains. Still, there are no strings in String Translation.

I suspect that there is a collision with a third-party plugin that might cause this problem. If possible get your site into a minimum environment. The minimum environment means no plugins activated except WPML. Deactivate all plugins except the WPML and its add-ons the Elated CPT if it needed. Then please check if the problem persists. If it does not persist so start by activating the plugins one by one and check when the problem comes back, then report to me which was the culprit plugin.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

*** If your site is a live site you might want first to try those procedures in a staging environment or a snapshot of your site on your local server or another server. ***

Thanks,
Itamar.

March 19, 2020 at 3:17 pm #5721217

josem-42

Ok i'll try that and i'll let you know. May i make you a question? The dahsboard of wordpress it is in english now, ¿do you switched from spanish?

March 19, 2020 at 6:52 pm #5722891

josem-42

Hi Itamar, i already follow the steps that you tell me. But the problem persists. Even, i uploaded a new version of wpbakery plugin. Any other suggestion? Wait for your response, regards.

March 22, 2020 at 9:22 pm #5736815

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for trying my suggestions.

I suspect that there is a problem in the DB with WPML tables. To test it please proceed as follows.

Please provide me with the WordPress debug.log
Please check this page for instructions.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/
Look under the headline "Enabling the built-in debugging feature in WordPress".
To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);.

Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
// Disable display of errors and warnings which is recommened on a live site.
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
@ini_set('display_errors',0);

Then go to WPML -> Theme and plugins localization and scan the 'AzaleaWP' for themes. The process will fail probably and no strings will be found. But in this case, probably the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.
If you can paste your debug.log to pastebin.com and provide me that link, it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess in discussion).

Please, could you provide me the additional Info?

P.S. I've tried to log in to your site with FTP but I couldn't. I got this message.

Connection closed by server

Thanks,
Itamar.

March 25, 2020 at 9:57 pm #5764291

josem-42

Hi Itamar, i share u the debug log link: https://pastebin.com/SKrtWqLa

I attached to you a screenshot of the ftp client.
--removed by supporter--
I'll Wait for you response, regarts.

March 26, 2020 at 9:07 pm #5773885

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'm sorry but this is not a WordPress debug log. It seems to b the Communication Log from WPML -> Support.

Can you please follow the instructions I gave and provide me with the WordPress debug log?

For your site's safety, I've removed your site's credentials from this thread. This is a public forum so please refrain from posting sensitive to the public replies. In any case, those credentials did not work for me either. I enable a private reply now.

Thanks,
Itamar.

April 8, 2020 at 5:55 pm #5868751

josem-42

Hi Itamar, i'm very sorry for the delay, I had internet problems. I share with you two screenshots (wp-content and wp-config) because the debug.log file is not being created. How can I find it?. How can I find it?

April 9, 2020 at 8:28 pm #5879297

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

It looks to me that the debug log is not being created because the following line is commented out.

//define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

If two forward slashes (//) are placed in the beginning of a line then the code on this line is not active.

I've just checked things on your site and I can see that the problem persists. No strings are showing in the String Translation section. We need to solve this problem, but I must also mention that the Azalea - Fashion Photography Theme that you are using is not known to us. So it also might be a compatibility issue. Will get to that if the strings that you are looking to translate, will not appear after we solve the String Translation issue.

Can you please share with me the FTP access details or allow me to install the File Manager plugin?
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-file-manager/

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

Then I'll be able to continue helping you with this issue.

Thanks,
Itamar.

April 17, 2020 at 9:42 am #5931037

josem-42

Hi Itamar, i shared you the .log file and you are free to install the plugin that you need.

Debug log: https://pastebin.com/JupZugxk

I'll Wait for you response, regarts.

April 19, 2020 at 7:50 pm #5943847

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

By checking the debug log and the DB of your site, it looks like the icl_strings tables are not complete. Please proceed with the following. Please, try the troubleshooting section.

1. Take a backup of the DB of your site.

2. Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting (link)

3. Once on the troubleshooting screen press the following buttons and check if it helps. Press each button at a time and wait for the process to complete.

- 'Disable cache for language switcher templates'
- 'Clear the cache in WPML'
- 'Remove ghost entries from the translation tables'
- 'Fix element_type collation'
- 'Fix WPML tables collation'
- 'Set language information'
- 'Assign translation status to duplicated content'
- 'Fix terms count'
- 'Fix post type assignment for translations'
- 'Cleanup and optimize string tables'

*** Please make a backup of your database before using this.***

Can you please check if this procedure fixes the issue of the missing strings in the String Translation section.

Thanks,
Itamar.

April 20, 2020 at 8:22 am #5946411

josem-42

Hi Itamar, I want to tell you that I followed each of the steps that you indicated and I waited for the notification of "done" of each process carried out, after that I did the theme and localization scan and it still does not show me any strings translations. 🙁

April 21, 2020 at 4:53 am #5955037

josem-42

Hi Itamar, this post : https://wpml.org/errata/missing-_icl_strings-_icl_string_translations-data-tables/ it could be work?

The topic ‘[Closed] Some strings are not getting transalted’ is closed to new replies.