This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sarah.n 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: sarah.n.

Author Posts
April 15, 2013 at 4:01 am #119215

Colin

Hi,

I'm using woocommerce and there are some strings not register in WPML and therefore cannot be translated. Please refer to the attached image, the highlighted in yellow is a string that is registered in WPML and can be translated, but the "Password" just below it is NOT register with WPML and cannot be translated. Please help.

Thanks
Colin

April 15, 2013 at 5:37 am #119232

Colin

i.e. when I scan the plugin, the string "Password" is not recognized and not show up in the strings to be translated list, and I believe except this one there are also other missed strings too. I dont know why. Please help, thanks a lot!!

April 15, 2013 at 6:18 am #119243

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Colin,

As far as I can see there is not reason for the "Password" text string not do display under "String Translation".
In fact when I scan the plugin and search for the string I see it registered.

Can you please confirm that you are using the latest versions of WPML and its active add-ons (if using any)?
You can check the latest released versions under "My Account -> Downloads" on this site.

April 15, 2013 at 6:26 am #119256

Colin

Hello Sarah,

Thanks for the reply, as I also can't see any reason for this not to register, this is why I'm so frustrated, I'm using all the latest versions of WPML and add-ons that I just downloaded a few days ago, my site is a new one.

Thanks,
Colin

April 15, 2013 at 6:36 am #119259

sarah.n
Supporter

Colin,

I will send you an email requesting some further information that will hopefully help me assist you further.

April 15, 2013 at 7:07 am #119264

Colin

email sent! Thanks a lot for your help! 😀

April 15, 2013 at 7:39 am #119267

sarah.n
Supporter

Thank you Colin,

I received your email. Thank you.

Could you please help me find where the string displays on the front end? I wonder if we have "Auto-register strings only when logged in as an administrator" enabled temporarily and then load the front-end page where the "Password" text string is found, whether this will help register the string.

April 15, 2013 at 7:50 am #119272

Colin

Hello Sarah,

it's on this page: hidden link

however this word only shows when not logged in. it's the password field for new user registrations. (also the "username" field for new user registration also not registered in the string list, but "re-enter password" and "email address" were successfully registered.)

Thanks!
Colin

April 15, 2013 at 8:33 am #119285

sarah.n
Supporter

I see. Well, the other alternative we can try is to register those two strings manually.

Please locate the template file that outputs the two strings (plugins/woocommerce/templates/myaccount/form-login.php) and adjust the following:

<?php _e( 'Password', 'woocommerce' ); ?>
to
<?php echo icl_translate('plugin woocommerce', 'login-form-password', 'Password'); ?>
<?php _e( 'Username', 'woocommerce' ); ?>
to
<?php echo icl_translate('plugin woocommerce', 'login-form-username', 'Username'); ?>

This will register two new strings under the "plugin woocommerce" context ("String Translation" screen). Translate them and let me know whether it works for you now.

April 15, 2013 at 8:37 am #119287

Colin

Hi Sarah,

Thanks and I'll go ahead to try this method. But I wonder if the plugin is updated with new version, will this setting be erased and I have to do this modification to the file everytime the plugin is updated?

Thanks,
Colin

April 15, 2013 at 8:48 am #119293

Colin

Hi Sarah,

tried your method, but still can't register string 🙁

April 15, 2013 at 9:04 am #119301

sarah.n
Supporter

Colin,

I already tried what I suggested prior to giving you the code and it works for me.

Could it be that your theme overrides the WooCommerce templates with its own? I could have checked this myself if you had provided temporary FTP access. If you like you can still do this (email me the info)

The topic ‘[Closed] Some strings in woocommerce not register’ is closed to new replies.