This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
May 14, 2019 at 2:27 pm #3808159

Richard Bolton

I am trying to: Translate FAQ page using Accordion block from Atomic Blocks - Gutenberg Blocks Collection
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see: Both title and content translated

Instead, I got:Only content translated - title stays in English even though all strings were translated

May 14, 2019 at 6:08 pm #3809829

Richard Bolton

This problem may also be related to an other issues that could be related to Gutenberg. A woocommerce product gallery block shows properly in English (hidden link at the bottom of the page) and does not appear at all in the French version (hidden link) even though the products and the gallery strings seem to have been translated correctly.
Thanks for your help.

May 15, 2019 at 9:55 am #3814625

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I'm not sure it's the same issue. If the other block doesn't appear at all, probably it's simply not compatible at the moment. Please remember Gutenberg is still quite new and even if WPML is compatible with standard Gutenberg blocks, it may not be compatible yet with 3rd party plugins.

In any case, I escalated the ticket to compatibility team, I'll let you have news as soon as possible.

May 21, 2019 at 3:56 pm #3857041

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

the issue is further escalated to developers.

For the moment the only workaround we can suggest is to add the accordion title to a standard paragraph block that you can translate, and leave the accordion title from Atomic Block empty, but I understand it's not ideal.
It would appear like this: hidden link

May 24, 2019 at 7:15 pm #3887257

Richard Bolton

Thanks for the explanation. I understand the issue with the new Gutenberg blocs, though I am not sure if this is a WPML issue or an Atomic Blocs issue. i will use the old version for the moment.

May 31, 2019 at 1:03 pm #3930729

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

the issue will be fixed with the next WPML release. Please let me know if you want me to send you a reminder about this.