Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by annemarieW-2 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Max Kovalenkov.

Author Posts
August 10, 2020 at 9:00 am #6767781

annemarieW-2

We have a problem on our site with tags not being synced to translated posts. Every weekend there is a cronjob that updates post info from an API. Post tags are also update each week. Each week about 900 posts are updated. This is a custom post type. The tags are updated on the DE posts but sometimes, one some posts, these tags are either completly missing from the translated FR post or partially missing. This only started happening more recenlty

August 11, 2020 at 7:26 am #6774767

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

I will be taking over this ticket, please follow the steps below:

1) Can you please share WPML support debug information from your site.

More information on the link: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

2) Follow Bruno's suggestion and provide database bump before and after import.

Please also provide:
- a log of the import process
- product name which is having issues. (for that specific import)

3) If possible check with hosting company, server logs, since my guess would be if it is quite large DB and import process is bulky, the process/server might get interpreted/overload thus resulting WPML not syncing all tags correctly.

Please let me know all of the above, and I will forward it to our 2nd tier to check and advise.

Thank you,
Drazen

August 17, 2020 at 7:58 am #6813281

annemarieW-2

Hello,

I made a db dump before and after the import. The name of the files contains the date so you can see which one is before the import.
Also I added the debug.log file.
The files are quite big so I need to post a dropbox link which should not be visible to anyone else. How could I do that? The debug info textfield doesn't let me send the dropbox link

August 20, 2020 at 10:26 am #6837379

annemarieW-2

Hello Drazen,

Could you help me with my previous question?

August 24, 2020 at 1:54 pm #6860467

Max Kovalenkov
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Russian (Русский ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Toronto (GMT-04:00)

Hello Anne-Marie,

Dražen is off at the moment; I am making your next reply private so you can send the DB dumps. Please share all the Dropbox links in the message and use the database dump field to share the log file itself (you may need to create a zip archive to upload it).

August 24, 2020 at 8:47 pm #6862833

Max Kovalenkov
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Russian (Русский ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Anne-Marie,

Thank you! Just to clarify: the dump is for the original issue, correct? Is the "one taxonomy" issue also present in the dump? If yes what's the taxonomy title or ID?

August 25, 2020 at 5:15 am #6864853

annemarieW-2

Hello Max,

The taxonomy is: international_operation_area
It randomly happens with more taxonomies related to post type: relief_organization but this is the most common we noticed.

August 25, 2020 at 5:19 am #6864901

annemarieW-2

One more thing. I currently have one post for which this taxonomy doesn't get synced correctly consistently. Usually after we reimport a post the taxonomies are synced correctly but for this one it doesn't. Plus every time I update the original post a new tag is added to the translated post. Usually it starts with 3-4 tags and after each update I get one more sometimes.

August 25, 2020 at 6:44 am #6865369

annemarieW-2

Hello again,

Could you please make my next post private again. I want to share login info for our staging environment where the problem also happens. Also could you please provide an ssh key so we can give you access to our staging server.

Thank you!

August 25, 2020 at 1:48 pm #6869343

Max Kovalenkov
Supporter

Hello Anne-Marie,

Thank you for the additional info!

My SSH key is just above, inside a private reply.

Your next reply will be private.

August 25, 2020 at 9:48 pm #6872151

Max Kovalenkov
Supporter

Thank you! I'm getting an additional password prompt even before I can get to wp-admin login page (pre-login-popup.png). Could you share credentials for this one as well? You may have already shared them in chat but I don't have access to them.

I'm making the next reply private.

August 27, 2020 at 7:03 pm #6888801

Max Kovalenkov
Supporter

Hello Anne-Marie,

Thank you I'm in now.

I can't find the cron job you were talking about initially. WP All Import plugin scheduling isn't currently configured (wp-all-import-scheduling-not-configured.png). Is it a different plugin triggering the cron job?

Also I looked at the cron schedules through WP Crontrol plugin (under Cron Events tab) - not seeing anything running weekly that looks like data fecthing. There's "action_scheduler_run_queue" scheduled to run every minute - is this it?

Also, seeing this error message in the WP Crontrol dashboard: "There was a problem spawning a call to the WP-Cron system on your site. This means WP-Cron events on your site may not work. The problem was: Unexpected HTTP response code: 401"

Is everything disabled because it's a staging site? Could you please fill me in?

August 28, 2020 at 5:13 am #6891337

annemarieW-2

Hello Max,

Yes. The cron jobs on staging are disabled. But you can reproduce the problems by manually importing only one post.
To do this go to "Relief Organizations" and edit a post. The first post for example already has this issue if you compare the international_operation_area tags for DE and FR. FR post has less tags. You can reimport this post manually to check the process.

Please go to Settings -> Tocco
In the "Update single Tocco record" section write 105 (this id is in the tocco_id custom field in the post) in the input and press Import. This will reimport all info for that organization and update tags for the DE post.

Hope this helps!

August 28, 2020 at 2:44 pm #6895027

Max Kovalenkov
Supporter

Hello Anne-Marie,

That's perfect thank you - I was able to find the custom code doing the fetching and interacting with WPML. I reached out to our 2nd tier developers for their opinion. Will update here as soon I get a response.

August 31, 2020 at 6:45 pm #6910075

Max Kovalenkov
Supporter

Hello Anne-Marie,

Just heard back. Unfortunately we cannot help you here, because it is all custom code and it is performing bespoke tasks with WPML. This falls outside the scope of our support policy: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/

I'm sorry for all the back and forth to eventually get to this!

If ZEWO — Tocco is a commercial plugin, as an option you can invite the plugin developer to our Go Global program: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

Our compatibility team will work closely with them to ensure the plugin is made compatible with WPML.