This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Getting error message "Some taxonomies in your site are forced to be untranslatable"

Solution: 1) Upgrade to the latest version of WPML and all addons 2) Open the *wpml-config.xml* file of your theme root folder or *WooCommerce Multilingual* plugin root folder for edit 3) Modify the lines that affect those taxonomies from 0 to 1 4) Save the changes 5) Visit WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual Content Setup 6) Then make sure the issue is fixed or not.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tarmoI 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
October 23, 2018 at 11:26 am

tarmoI

I am trying to use SEO in my site and i tried to delete "Archive" word in in my shop page title but i cant get rid of. hidden link

And i thought that WPML can disable this word but then i got this error:

"Some taxonomies in your site are forced to be untranslatable. This is causing a problem when you're trying to run a multilingual WooCommerce site.

A plugin or the theme are probably doing this.

What you can do:

1. Temporarily disable plugins and see if this message disappears.

2. Temporarily switch the theme and see if this message disappears.

It's best to contact WPML support, tell that you're getting this message and offer to send a Duplicator copy of the site. We will work with the theme/plugin author and fix the problem for good. In the meanwhile, we'll give you a temporary solution, so you're not stuck."

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

October 23, 2018 at 5:26 pm #2843683

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1. The word "Archive" is not added by WPML. WordPress adds the words Archive, Category, Tag, etc to the various archive pages generated. The theme might also be doing that.
You can remove it using this filter from WP: https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/get_the_archive_title/

For specific implementation ask in the WordPress.org forums or your theme's developer.

2. In regards, to the WPML message, please try the following steps after a backup and make sure you are getting the expected result or not.

1) Upgrade to the latest version of WPML(3.9.4)
2) Open the *wpml-config.xml* file of your theme root folder or *WooCommerce Multilingual* plugin root folder for edit
3) Modify the lines that affect those taxonomies from 0 to 1
4) Save the changes
5) Visit WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual Content Setup
6) Then make sure the issue is fixed or not.

Best regards,
Ricardo

October 25, 2018 at 6:53 am #2848802

tarmoI

2nd step did not resolve my problem with WPML

October 26, 2018 at 5:50 pm #2853935

Ricardo Alday

Thanks for the feedback.
Go to WPML -> Settings -> Taxonomies Translation, set "Product categories (product_cat)" to "Translatable - only show translated items" and save.

Let me know if that helps.

October 30, 2018 at 4:34 pm #2862799

tarmoI

yes it helped!! thank you very much!!