We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
June 14, 2019 at 11:20 pm #4024487

brynnC

something seems to be not working. When i try to put in the prices in another currency, nothing shows up. I think it has to do with wpml?
my site is set to USD but if someone gives me a price in euros i cant input the euro price??

June 15, 2019 at 4:16 pm #4028377

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

I'm not sure I fully get the issue. Could please describe your process in more detail and if possible to add some screenshot of your settings?

July 1, 2019 at 3:48 am #4115511

brynnC

Hi! I still need assistance with this. When someone sends me pricing in Euros, I can only convert the euros to USD (as this is what the site is set to) and then have a currency converter on our page. If the value of the US dollar changes, this will effect the final cost in Euros.

When I go to add the pricing, i am given several different options for currencies (which I selected) but when i insert the alternative pricing, it doesn't show up on the product?

I am also getting this notification on my dashboard:

Some taxonomies in your site are forced to be untranslatable. This is causing a problem when you're trying to run a multilingual WooCommerce site.

A plugin or the theme are probably doing this.

What you can do:

1. Temporarily disable plugins and see if this message disappears.

2. Temporarily switch the theme and see if this message disappears.

It's best to contact WPML support, tell that you're getting this message and offer to send a Duplicator copy of the site. We will work with the theme/plugin author and fix the problem for good. In the meanwhile, we'll give you a temporary solution, so you're not stuck.

July 1, 2019 at 1:31 pm #4119399

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

if you only set a price in one currency and use an external tool to convert it, it's expected that the price in the other currency changes according to conversion rates.

You need to manually set prices in the different currencies if you don't want this to happen, or you need to set manually a conversion rate and not update it.
Please see here: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/#configure-distinct-prices-for-different-currencies

I'm not sure what you mean with "When I go to add the pricing, i am given several different options for currencies (which I selected) but when i insert the alternative pricing, it doesn't show up on the product?" Can you add some screenshot if following the documentation doesn't work?

July 6, 2019 at 1:34 am #4154213

brynnC

Hello!

When I go into my back end to add the pricing, say someone gives me their pricing in Euro's. I would like to just insert the price they give me and then the currency converter automatically changes it for me. Instead, what I have to do is go online, convert the price into USD, and then put that price on the site- which changes the value of their retreat based on the value of the USD rather than Euro. In the backend of my site (see attached image) the spot where I can add the amount in the original currency does not let me. If I add the pricing under Euro, when I publish the product, the price comes up as zero dollars.

Help!!

July 8, 2019 at 1:10 pm #4162727

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

it's not clear which is your default currency here. You should always add prices in the default currency first. So if your default currency is USD but you add prices in EUR you might incur in issues.

Also, what are you using as currency converter? Are you sure everything is setup correctly?

July 8, 2019 at 7:33 pm #4165479

brynnC

Hi! My default currency is set to USD. The problem is, if someone gives me their prices in Euros for example, I have to manually convert them to USD - which will change the overall pricing when the value of the USD drops or increases. I want to be able to add the price they give me in Euros and not have to do the conversion myself.

I have the currency converter that was included with your set up. If you go on one of the listings and on the right hand side, you can see the widget there.

July 10, 2019 at 11:33 am #4179493

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

did you try the option "Automatic Exchange Rates" in WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Multi-currency?
In this way, you shouldn't change them manually one by one.

July 11, 2019 at 12:27 am #4184907

brynnC

Yes that is already set and it still doesn't work???

The topic ‘[Closed] Some taxonomies in your site are forced to be untranslatable. This is causing a’ is closed to new replies.