This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
April 8, 2019 at 9:33 am #3556041

stephaneV-4

Hi,
The message "Some taxonomies on your site are necessarily untranslatable. This is problematic when trying to run a multilingual WooCommerce site." is always appearing on my WP dashboard. I cant't find the source of it.

I also have problems to translate Printful products from english to french. In english version, I get all shipping methods and rates but they are not visible in the translated -french- version of the product.

April 8, 2019 at 10:32 am #3556651

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Would you mind if I took a look at the configuration of your site for both issues?

1. Please create/include a test product that I can investigate freely with that illustrates the problem.

2.Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

April 9, 2019 at 11:27 am #3566023

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I was able to remove the warning message.

I was also able to get the prinful shipping methods to appear by adding the following XML entries in the WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="woocommerce_printful_settings">
            <key name="printful_key"/>
            <key name="calculate_tax"/>
            <key name="disable_ssl"/>
            <key name="pfc_button_text"/>
            <key name="pfc_button_color"/></key>
        <key name="woocommerce_printful_shipping_settings">
            <key name="enabled"/>
            <key name="override_defaults"/>
            <key name="show_warnings"/></key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

This registered the various plugin settings to be visible in the 2nd language (see image).

However, you still have the challenge of actually getting the shipping methods to display in a 2nd language. I am not familiar with this plugin, but I could not find these strings located either in the plugin code or in the database options table.

It seems they are dynamically generated form some type of API and "integration fields" (see image).
This would be a compatibility limitation that I would have to send to the compatibility team to investigate.

Compatibliity problems can take time to resolve and require the cooperation and collaboration of the plugin author to fully resolve. I have prepared a test sandbox site pre-configured with WPML and Woocommerc. Please upload and configure the Printful plugin so that we can replicate the error on this sandbox site:

Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: F4bLmH7I4x6i

I will then be able to forward the issue to our compatibility team for investigation.

I wait for your news

April 9, 2019 at 9:38 pm #3570921

stephaneV-4

Hi Yvette,

I remarked 2 versions of Printful plugin in the plugin dashboard, should I keep them both?
And there are also 2 versions in the wordpress plugin folder.

I installed and activated the plugin on your demo sandbox.

I think I will publish my shop only in french to start and I'll wait for developments before publishing the english version of my website.

Thanks for your support.

April 10, 2019 at 12:29 am #3571319

stephaneV-4

Hi Yvette,
I had a connection problem message about the Printful installation on hidden link. It was working at first but I now get a 500 internal server error on Printful website. And I wasn't able to connect anymore on your WP sandbox, getting a database error.
Thanks,
Stéphan

April 10, 2019 at 8:27 am #3573491

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

There were 2 copies of the main file: printful-shippin.php
One had a time stamp (as if it was a backup) and the other did not. This seemed to be confusing WordPress.

I´ve renamed the version with the timestamp to something else and now the dashboard seems to be working ok.

Can you check for yourself?
And then please write back to let me know about those texts - are these configured somehow on the Printful platform?

I am not getting 500 server errors once I translated the product to FR. However, this makes the FR product not have any conditions apply as if it is not recognised as a product covered by printful shipping.

Could you please explain how the interface is between Printful and Woocommerce? I think I am missing a crucial piece here.

April 10, 2019 at 10:19 am #3574803

stephaneV-4

Hi Yvette,
I checked this morning and everything seems OK on Printful website with a "strong connection" message.
Here are some screenshots of Printful site settings configuration.
Thanks,
Stéphan

April 10, 2019 at 11:30 am #3575461

Yvette
Supporter

Ok - so this makes some more sense for me. Thanks

1. Printful Products

I see on your screenshot for the sandbox site that the product id=96 is listed. This corresponds with the English product on sandbox.

The French version of this product on sandbox has an id=120.
Can you add this product to your Printful website? e.g. please sync this product

Then we will have both versions of the product covered by Printful and the demo case will be complete.

2. Payment Methods
What about the payment methods? Where is this setup on your Printful website?
e.g. the shpping methods I see when I go to Printful > Settings > Shipping Methods

April 10, 2019 at 4:32 pm #3578689

stephaneV-4

Hello,
The id=120 product is not visible on Printful website and there is no link to sync it.
I tried to refresh sync without results.
The 8 synced products are variants from id=97 to 104.

And here are the screenshots for the shipping and payment settings on Printful site.

April 11, 2019 at 12:35 pm #3587535

Yvette
Supporter

1.Translated products on Printful site
You wrote: ".The id=120 product is not visible on Printful website and there is no link to sync it."

Question:
From wha I can deduce from the screenshots, your Printful platform "imports" products from Woocommerce. Can you instigate a new import? this should then pick up the new Woocommerce with product-id = 120 (French version)

Directions on this here:
hidden link

Please focus on the instructions for Manual Sync:
- Create a new product in your ecommerce platform.
- In Printful, under your store's sync page click "Refresh data" to re-sync products from your store.
- Find your newly added product and click "Edit"
- Configure product for each variant (category, model, color, size) and upload print file/s and mockup.

2. Texts
So, I can see that these texts are preset by the platform. Could you ask them how these texts are able to be localized for non-English countries?
Since you are "importing" these text settings from the platform in the Woocommerce shop, WPML does not have a chance to filter/translate them. It seems this must be done on the Printful platform and perhaps they can share what other clients normally do.

I wait for yoru intputs

April 11, 2019 at 12:39 pm #3587569

Yvette
Supporter

PS.
I found a recent posting on REDDIT that seems to imply this is a known limitation of Printful.
hidden link

I strongly suggest that you confirm this with Printful directly.

April 14, 2019 at 12:38 pm #3607881

stephaneV-4

Hi Yvette,
I found a workaround for this issue by translating in french and english on the same page and having only one product and cart page. I redirect my english shop to français/english shop.
No need to translate product anymore, so the problem is solved.
Thanks for your support!

April 15, 2019 at 7:36 am #3610539

Yvette
Supporter

Glad to hear this and thank you for sharing your workaround.