This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bettyG 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
August 5, 2019 at 4:39 pm #4342035

bettyG

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to translate custom theme elements but they don't show in the translator screen. (Focus Title, Team Vertical)

Is there any documentation that you are following?
My theme support is expired... Can't find any documentation.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
labiblevivante.com or makingthebiblecomealive.com

August 5, 2019 at 7:20 pm #4342713

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Please, provide us with some WordPress Dashboard access details, also, please tell me the page you have the custom elements you need to translate and I am gonna give it a detailed look. For that, please consider: I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

August 6, 2019 at 4:56 pm #4349667

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the provided details. It happens when your theme/plugin uses some third party custom modules not yet registered to be translated with the WPML Translation Editor, in these cases you would need to manually register these modules to make them to be recognized by WPML.

See:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/how-to-register-page-builder-modules-and-theme-options/
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#page-builder-content

Note: In your case I have already registered the missing modules for you in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration with this code:

<wpml-config>
    <shortcodes>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>focus_title_nd</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute>title</attribute>
                <attribute type="link" encoding="vc_link">link</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>team_vertical_nd</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute>title</attribute>
                <attribute>role</attribute>
                <attribute>description</attribute>
                <attribute type="link" encoding="vc_link">iconlink1</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>
    </shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

You can follow the instructions in the provided resources to register any other module you need to be translated with WPML Translation Editor.

August 7, 2019 at 3:42 pm #4356563

bettyG

Thank you, that solved it for those custom elements. I have another problem now. The homepage is translated in English but it keeps going back to the original French homepage.

Also, we can't assign translation to anyone anymore. The pages are stuck in the Translation bin. There seems to be a bug.

And is there a way to ''force'' to use Advanced Translation Editor? When I want to edit a translation, it opens the classic editor and not the advanced.

Thank you!

August 7, 2019 at 5:27 pm #4357147

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. As the original issue of your ticket is now solved, I kindly ask you to open a new ticket for your remaining issues, the reason why we ask that, is to make it easier for our customers to find solutions for their issues on a topic basis and provide you with a detailed troubleshooting per issue, instead of dealing with multiple issues on a same topic. We really give thanks for your understanding and collaboration, have a nice day.

August 7, 2019 at 5:29 pm #4357149

bettyG

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!