Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Francesco Di Candia 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Francesco Di Candia.

Author Posts
June 18, 2017 at 11:08 am #1300433

anitaK-2

Hi Support,

I have the last version of WPML and I am translating my website in French. I started translated the products however, for some of them, I cannot open the translation page. When I click on the French translation the page does not load anything, it's blank.

Consequently, I cannot update products originally translated.

If needed, I could provide you access to my website and tell you exactly which products are not accessible.

Let me know.

Fabio.

June 19, 2017 at 7:25 am #1300670

Francesco Di Candia

Hi,
to help you I've to ask you to send me a debug.
Can you please enable the WordPress debug mode?
- Open the wp-config.php file that is inside in your WordPress root folder and search for this line:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

- Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Now the errors will be logged in the debug.log file inside /wp-content/ folder.
- Try to create and translate the product to record the issue in the log file.
Now, please post the content of wp-content/debug.log file on pastebin.com and post the link here.
Related documentation:
- https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/
- http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Thank you, Francesco

June 21, 2017 at 10:08 am #1302655

anitaK-2

Dear Francesco,

I followed your instructions and below you can find the content of the error_log file. The last operation I did before switching off the debug mode was to open a product translation. As explained WPML does not display anything preventing me to either modify and/or delete the product.

https://pastebin.com/v5tf5jDU

Best regards.

Fabio.

June 21, 2017 at 1:37 pm #1302819

Francesco Di Candia

Hi Fabio,
to help you to solve this issue, I would like to ask you for credentials to your website and FTP.
It will help me debug the issue and find the solution.
You will find the fields for WordPress and FTP access below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
Please, let me know also what are the posts that don't work so I can check them.
Thank you, Francesco

June 26, 2017 at 12:36 pm #1305625

Francesco Di Candia

Hi Fabio,
I've to check your issue on my computer, so I've to ask you the FTP credentials too.
You will find the fields for FTP access below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
I'll install also a plugin called Duplicator hidden link that will help me to move your site to my computer.
Thank you for your patience,
Francesco

June 26, 2017 at 5:40 pm #1305897

anitaK-2

Hi Francesco,

Something is not clear to me, if you want to replicate the website locally, through the duplicator plug in, why do you still have access to the FTP?

Installing the duplicator on the live website does not make me very comfortable, I would like to avoid any website breakage.

In case, would it be ok for you if I generate the duplicator file and send it to you?

Best regards.

Fabio.

June 27, 2017 at 7:55 am #1306245

Francesco Di Candia

Hi Fabio,
I apologise if I asked you the FTP account but, when I try to build the Duplicator package, I receive a 'Build Interrupt' error, as you can see in image001.png. So I thought about downloading your site via FTP, but no problem at all.
Checking your issue I noticed also an error in console when I tried to translate one of the two malfunctionings products if I had FTP access I could have checked the debug.log file.
By the way, could you create a Duplicator package and send it to me?
You will find a private field below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply, so you'll send me a link for your Duplicator package.
Thank you, Francesco

June 27, 2017 at 11:13 am #1306463

Francesco Di Candia

Hi Fabio,
I only need FTP account to download the site and check debug.log content when reproducing the issue.
You'll delete my account when I finish my work, no problem.
You will find the fields for WordPress and FTP access and for the database dump, below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
Thank you, Francesco

June 27, 2017 at 6:34 pm #1306944

anitaK-2

Hi Francesco,

My website got broken as soon as you got access to the FTP and modified the files.

You were supposed to copy the files on your computer and run the debug locally. Instead, you modified the files of my live website activating the debugging.

This was not the agreement and different from what you promised in the previous post! I am disappointed.

I only realized this 3 hours after you changed the wp_config file... so for the whole time my website was not working.

Now that I deactivated the debug mode i partially recovered the original layout, however the website colors are not correct and I need to understand what you did in order to re-establish the original website.

Could you please tell me:

1) what you modified on the live website
2) which files you modified and in what respect
3) whether you deactivate any plugin

Looking forward to your prompt reply, this is very urgent.

Fabio.

June 27, 2017 at 6:48 pm #1306955

Francesco Di Candia

Hi Fabio, I'm sorry but I've only activated the debug as you can see.
This is because when I was checking your site locally, there was no issue.
I haven't modified any other file and deactivated any plugin.
Please let me know if you can recover.
Francesco

June 27, 2017 at 7:13 pm #1306980

anitaK-2

Hi Francesco,

Thank you for the information provided, I believe to have now managed to fully recover the original status.

I would like to have your support and help me to resolve the WPML issue, however I would like to stress the point that working on the live website is very dangerous. Please make a local copy of the website and run there the debug mode. I agree with the fact that there is something strange going on.

I also did a local copy and I replicated the WPML issue. Some products cannot be opened and translation cannot be changed.

I am happy to provide you any information in order to fix this issue.

Looking forward to your solution.

Best regards.

Fabio.

June 27, 2017 at 8:10 pm #1307017

anitaK-2

Hi Francesco,

BTW the debug.log is available and you could have a look at it if this helps. It collected info from 5pm to 8pm today.

Best regards.

Fabio.

June 28, 2017 at 7:32 am #1307205

Francesco Di Candia

Good morning Fabio, I'm really sorry for yesterday, I'm working on your issue.
I'll check locally and I'll send you the information as soon as I've found a solution.
Thank you for your patience, Francesco.

June 28, 2017 at 4:23 pm #1307747

Francesco Di Candia

Hi Fabio,
I'm sorry but I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my computer.
So, now we have to do this:
please ❌ before proceeding please make a full database and website backup! ❌
- update your WordPress installation
- try to switch off all not WPML related plugin, check if the issue is still there
- try to use the Twenty Seventeen theme, check if the issue is still there
- try to create a new 'Picasso Drinking Glass in Orange - Set of 6 Glasses and Caraffe' product in the same way you create the other working products
- as you can see in the image001.jpg, there is a .js error in the console when I try to translate the 'Picasso Drinking Glass in Orange - Set of 6 Glasses and Caraffe' then I need a 'Duplicator like' package because I might have to escalate your issue.
Can you send me via gofile.io the file+database you created?
Or, please, try to use All-in-One WP Migration
https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/ to give me a working package of your site.
I apologise for this issue, but it's the only way to help.
Francesco

The topic ‘[Closed] Some translate products are not accessible for updates’ is closed to new replies.