Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rufusB 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
January 8, 2021 at 10:01 pm #7804109

rufusB

Hi, some of my endpoints have stopped working and lead to 404s. These are several of the castellano account end points and the purchase confirmation endpoint.

The primary language is English but I just checked the WP endpoint translations find that the "English" from which they are translated is variously English, German or castellano. I'm not sure how to edit these and would prefer to remove these and start from scratch.

WP Endpoints.PNG
January 10, 2021 at 11:47 am #7809407

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML support forums. I’ll be glad to help you today.

If you need to edit the endpoints, please check the endpoints on Woocommerce-> Settings-> Advanced tab and edit them.

If you would delete the endpoints translations, kindly follow the following steps:
1- Go to String Translation and switch to WP Endpoints text-domain.
2- Delete all strings there.
3- After the page reloads, find the endpoints registered in English and translate.

I hope this reply helps you. If you need further info, please let me know.

Best regards,
Osama

January 10, 2021 at 12:08 pm #7809457

rufusB

Hi, thanks for getting back. Can you please explain "switch to WP Endpoints text-domain", I don't see this option on WPML>String Translation.

January 10, 2021 at 12:33 pm #7809539

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Sure, "switch to WP Endpoints text-domain" means that you choose WP endpoints from the domain dropdown menu. (Kindly check this hidden link)

Thanks,
Osama

January 10, 2021 at 2:46 pm #7810237

rufusB

Thanks, got it.

I deleted all endpoints, re-translated them and everything was fixed. A new problem appeared- cart did not direct to checkout, but i fised that too.

I would like to know though, how these endpoint translations became so messed up. It often seems that "improvements" screw up a site that functions perfectly well.

January 10, 2021 at 3:07 pm #7810299

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hello,

Great to hear that the endpoints issue is resolved now. Thank you for the confirmation.

We try to do our best to investigate any issue. Sometimes we can not know what causes problems. The reasons are usually not following our instructions or compatibility issues. But if anything wrong happens, we are always happy to help you.

Thanks,
Osama

January 13, 2021 at 9:10 am #7832241

rufusB

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!