This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hassanA-15 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
June 24, 2019 at 4:34 pm #4078727

hassanA-15

I am trying to: get the english version of the sub pages of "menu card" to work. the menu card itself works fine, but its sub pages dont work.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (this works, switch to English and it will show error 404
I expected to see: the english version
Instead, I got: error 404

Funny thing: Three days before, I did deactivate all plugins besides WPML, switched to a standard theme, set the permalink to "postname", reenabled the actual theme and all my plugins and it worked – until now. Now, the English version is not working again.

What should i do?

June 25, 2019 at 4:22 am #4081257

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

Could you please change the translation of the slugs used there and let me know if this helps? For example, change our-menu to our-menu-1 for testing.

Could you please go to Settings->Permalinks and update the permalinks once and let me know if that helps?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

June 25, 2019 at 4:27 pm #4086197

hassanA-15

I changed one of the slugs, it didn't help.
Then I saved the permalinks once again, without success.

June 26, 2019 at 3:30 am #4088545

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Can you confirm that you are still experiencing issues with minimal set up (all plugins except WPML disabled and the theme on a WordPress default such as Twenty Nineteen)

Could you please perform the below steps and share me the results?

Debugging

1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

July 9, 2019 at 11:07 am #4169947

hassanA-15

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!