Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
November 3, 2018 at 9:10 am

lauraN-2

These products are missing images:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

I have updated the product translation, re added the image but no result. How to fix this?

November 5, 2018 at 4:40 pm #2877603

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I see you don't have Media Translation installed, and it's needed to fully translate WooCommerce.
Could you try enabling it? Also, did you run the Media Translation settings in WPML -> Settings?

November 8, 2018 at 6:56 pm #2890529

lauraN-2

Hi Laura 😉

What do you mean? It is activated.... see image.

Regards,
Laura

November 9, 2018 at 8:53 am #2892334

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

what you showed in the screenshot are the Media Translation settings. Did you run them as I suggested?

What I'm talking about is the plugin Media Translation: https://wpml.org/documentation/wpml-core-and-add-on-plugins/#wpml-media-translation

The images disappeared after an update or they don't appear if you translate the page? We have a bug with images disappearing from the database after a WCML update, but I'm not sure it's your case.

November 9, 2018 at 8:56 am #2892345

lauraN-2

Ah ok. But the thing is... I dont want to have different images per language. And the the thing is the images present in the translation for most product and pages. Only a few are not working. It seems more like a bug/problem?

November 9, 2018 at 3:31 pm #2893830

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

yes, it could be a bug or a compatibility issue.

As I said, we have a bug with WCML 4.3.4. Did you remember if these images disappeared after a WooCommerce Multilingual update? If so, it could be that bug. In that case, we have a fix, but you need to restore an old backup because the images are deleted from the database and it's not possible to retrieve them.

The other option is a compatibility issue. I'd ask you to do a test:
- backup your site
- disable all plugin except WooCommerce, WPML and its addons
- switch to a default theme like TwentySeventeen
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again
- lastly, reactivate your theme

Let me know the results of this test.

November 17, 2018 at 6:49 am #2915633

lauraN-2

Ok I will and get back to you

November 17, 2018 at 9:04 am #2915720

Laura
Supporter

Thanks,

I'll wait for the results.

November 19, 2018 at 2:08 pm #2919843

lauraN-2

Hi, we've changed the theme and deactivated all of the other plugins but it makes no difference. It concerns multiple products. Can you provide us with instructions on how to resolve this as quickly as possible?

November 19, 2018 at 3:26 pm #2920278

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I'll send you instruction to create a copy of the site where I can do some test.
We are currently experiencing a bug so you won't get an email for my next message.
The information will be here in about 10 minutes.

November 19, 2018 at 3:27 pm
November 20, 2018 at 11:38 am #2922763

lauraN-2

Hi,

My apologies, we had some issues with our first attempts at migrating the website. However, it's all set now so you can go ahead!

November 21, 2018 at 2:43 pm #2927091

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I'm incredibly sorry, but I gave you the wrong credentials. They were for another client so I don't have your site.
I created a new server for you and I updated the credentials in my private post.

I'm really, really sorry for the inconvenience. Could you migrate your site again?

November 22, 2018 at 9:49 am #2929718

lauraN-2

Hi,

I'm afraid we can't do that. After migrating the website for the first time we've experienced huge issues with the communication between our webshop and our stock management system! It's been a disaster trying to get everything back in order. So we don't feel confident migrating the site again and would very much like confirmation that any and all information that was transferred during the migration is 100% deleted. This is certainly not a risk we're willing to take again and we strongly urge you to find another way to help us solve the problem at hand.

Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards,
Joy

November 22, 2018 at 5:11 pm #2931608

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

all information was already deleted when I wrote my last post. I don't know if your problems were due to my error or something else.
However, if you don't want to migrate your site again, I'll need a copy. We usually suggest Duplicator plugin. Once you uploaded it on Dropbox, Google Drive or any similar service, you can share the link with me.

I'll enable a private reply.

The topic ‘[Closed] Some translated products are missing images’ is closed to new replies.