This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by José Arcos 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: José Arcos.

Author Posts
May 2, 2018 at 11:16 am #1929249

andrewH-28

I can see the strings I need to translate in the Strings Translate interface. I can edit and save them, setting them to Translation Complete but only some of them appear in the front end. I am using the Learn Dash plugin with LearnDash Course Grid. WPML seems to ignore everything at the Lesson level of Leardash. I tried editing a .po file and uploading that but it makes no difference.

The Themes and Plugins Localization is set to use WPML's String Translation only. I can't change that because I get an "error: data not saved" message if I try.

Also: is it possible just to target front end strings? I don't want the admin strings translated at all.

May 3, 2018 at 2:11 pm #1959623

José Arcos

Hello, thank you for contact us. I will try to do my best to help you.

I would need more information about the issue, would you mind to share the site credentials with me? I will enable private reply so you can share them safely.

Thank you.

May 4, 2018 at 9:04 am #1971887

José Arcos

Hello again, I think that I have identified the issue. I have uploaded two screenshots, one in Spanish and another in English, the problem is that some strings like "Enrolled", "Completed" and "See more" are not translated, isn't it?

If so, please follow these suggestions:

1. Make a full backup of your site.
2. Go to WPML -> Support and click on the troubleshooting link.
3. Click on the following buttons:
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix terms count
4. Check if the issue is solved.

Please let me know if this solves the issue or if you need further details.

Have a good day.

May 4, 2018 at 3:28 pm #1978412

andrewH-28

Hi José

Thanks very much for the response and instructions. I followed them and unfortunately nothing has changed. One of the underlying problems seems to be that Associated Content - the "Lessons" (we've labelled them "Modules") linked to the Learndash "Courses" - are not properly recognised and displayed by WPML. This is shown in the attached screenshots. Translations do exist for the lessons/modules content but the Learndash dashboards and widgets are empty or missing on the translated pages.

P.S. We have a public holiday Monday, so may not see your response until Tuesday.

May 7, 2018 at 1:30 pm #2013043

José Arcos

Hello again, I understand the problem now. If you go to a module, you can see that the module is not translated into Spanish, this can be the root of the problem. Could you translate, or at least, duplicate all the modules and see if the issue persists?

Thank you.

May 9, 2018 at 1:00 pm #2052583

andrewH-28

I've been trying lots of things and made some progress, although some problems remain.

The missing modules has been solved in a way that could be important for WPML and Learndash teams to understand. With WPML activated I could manually translate main the titles and content of the Modules (Lessons) via the WPML edit translation function but they still do not appear as associated content of the Spanish courses. The only way I found to achieve this was to deactivate all WPML plugins. Then the Spanish courses were available to edit in Learndash their own right, not just as linked translations with only strings editable via WPML. This meant that the Learndash "course builder" suddenly became available for the Spanish courses. This is unavailable when WPML is activated. I could then "build" the Spanish modules into the Spanish courses in Learndash and when I reactivated WPML the Spanish module widgets were populated (see attached image).

The outstanding problem is that I still cannot get the system to accept string translations for menu items - in the Learndash Course Grid, for example and other navigational strings. As far as I can see this appears to be part of a bigger problem: the String Translation page will not let me change its settings to use .mo files as back up. I get and "Error: data not saved" message. This may be why I also get a FORBIDDEN message as soon as I try to save the changed strings after uploading a manually edited .po file. I've tried increasing the memory, max_memory and max_vars in .htaccess, but that made no difference. If you can help solve thiswe might have a working system.
Thanks.

May 10, 2018 at 9:48 am #2068783

José Arcos

Hello again, I'm going to download a snapshot of your site to test the problems in my local environment, so you won't lose any data with my tests. Do you agree with that?

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Some translated strings don't appear on my front end’ is closed to new replies.