This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jorgeA-19 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 24, 2019 at 1:33 pm

jorgeA-19

Hi

I have some translations jobs which have been completed however they get stuck as waiting for translator, basically when I go to the advance translator editor, every string is translated and it says 100% completed however the translation appears as "in progress" on the translation dashboard

I´m running wordpress 5.2.2 and WPML 4.2.4.1

Please let me know if what extra information do you require

Thanks in advance for you help

June 24, 2019 at 7:18 pm #4079423

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. This may have been some cache problem. I just sent the "Driver Companion Android 2.11" page for translation and then I canceled the translation. Now it looks like the pages are being translated correctly:

ES: hidden link
BR: hidden link
PT: hidden link

I another page "Ghost 12", I just saved the fields again and it looks like the content was also displayed correctly on the front end.

Please, could you check if the problem will persist with some other post? If so, which post are you testing?

Thank you.

June 25, 2019 at 7:38 am #4081815

jorgeA-19

Thanks for looking into this so promptly however the issue still persist, if you check the Translation dashboard tab on the WPML section you will notice that there are job still marked as "in progress" or "need updating" whereas they have been completed and marked as finished by the translators which also get an email every day warning them there are outstanding translations to do which is not true.

June 29, 2019 at 4:38 am #4111061

Bruno
Supporter

Sorry for the delay. I'm in touch with 2nd tier support so they can check what might be happening because the translation is not being saved in their environment - though they are displayed on the front end.

Meanwhile, please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

Soon we will contact you.

Thank you.

July 2, 2019 at 7:13 am #4124537

jorgeA-19

Hi

I have installed Duplicator for you, feel free to install a different plugin if you need

Thanks

July 4, 2019 at 6:47 pm #4145963

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

I created the backup of your site using Duplicator, but when I try to download, the file is not downloaded.

Maybe the file was generated correctly and the problem is related to the server that does not allow me to download it.

Please, could you check inside your FTP if the file was created? If yes, please could you download it and using some external services like Google Drive or Dropbox, host it so that I can download it?

Thank you.

July 5, 2019 at 10:02 am
July 9, 2019 at 6:44 pm #4173731

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. Sorry for the delay. I installed your site in my testing environment, but unfortunately, I still can not replicate the problem you are reporting.

When I filter the content of Translation Jobs as "in progress" or "needs update", no record is displayed. I'll attach an image for you to see.

Even in your environment, I can not find pages like "in progress" or "needs update". Maybe I have missed something or I have not understood correctly what you are reporting.

Please, could you post the step by step that I have to follow to see the problem? If possible, using screenshots can help me better understand what you are reporting.

Thank you.

July 12, 2019 at 5:51 am #4195255

jorgeA-19

If I go to wmpl/ translations I can see a few pages awaiting translation to Spanish however these translations have been completed
Sorry about the delay and the phone format screenshots as I am currently away on vacation

July 13, 2019 at 5:47 am #4202935

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you. I have forwarded your ticket to the 2nd tier support so they can check it out. As soon as they answer me I'll contact you and keep you updated.

Thank you.

July 30, 2019 at 7:26 pm #4310305

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Our compatibility team is still testing what may be happening.

They noticed that the version of WPML you are using is a bit old - from the beginning of the year. Could you please update WPML and check if the problem persists?

The 2nd tier support is currently recommending these steps:

- Update all WPML plugins
- Do a small modification on the original language, then update the translation

Thank you.

July 31, 2019 at 7:17 am #4312069

jorgeA-19

for some reason I don't get the update notification on plugins for new versions so I have tried to manually install the latest version from the website but I get the error "folder already exists" when trying to add the .zip file manually. Could you assist with this please?

July 31, 2019 at 5:23 pm #4317033

Bruno
Supporter

You have to remove the files from WPML and then install them again. At the main network site, disable and remove the WPML plugins.

If that hasn't worked yet, these directories may not have been removed due to some permission issue. You can access your FTP and manually remove WPML folders. You can then install each of these plugins under Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugins.

You can download them in your client area: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/. Note that it is always recommended to back up your site before updating any plugins.

After following these steps, please let me know if the problem persists.

Thank you.

August 1, 2019 at 11:37 am #4321189

jorgeA-19

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!