Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Radu 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
October 15, 2021 at 2:56 pm #9799085

herng-yueL

Some text can't be translated, for example Footer, did not see any option to translate those.

October 16, 2021 at 8:26 am #9801887

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

Most of theme parts like footer, header etc can be found in String Translation.
Please refer to this page to find them https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/

I also see you're using a custom child theme. Please be sure that every text you need to translate is wrapped into a GetText call, otherwise, WPML can't translate it.
Please check https://wpml.org/documentation/support/enabling-text-translation-for-themes-not-compatible-with-wpml/

October 17, 2021 at 5:19 am #9804459

herng-yueL

By using PHP method to echo the HTML strings, will it impact my website's performance?
Does that cause the PHP strings to not be able to cache?

October 18, 2021 at 8:27 pm #9812709

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey there,

I'm not aware of any negative impact of echoing the strings through PHP. I know that this is a common practice on all WordPress themes and I've never heard about any website performance due to this usage.

Thanks,
Radu

October 24, 2021 at 9:21 pm #9852341

herng-yueL

I have added the string translation, however after translating all the language, the translation is still not working, here is the screenshot:

Only one of the words is working despite i have translated all the text

Capture1.PNG
Capture.PNG
October 31, 2021 at 1:32 pm #9898405

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey there,

Is the Forums de support text the last one that is not translated, the one that you captured on the screenshot? I just want to make sure that I'm checking all the texts that are not translated.

Also, it would be great if you could give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a closer look at this.
The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Some Translation can't be translated’ is closed to new replies.