This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Cristina 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Cristina.

Author Posts
April 26, 2018 at 2:58 pm #1838987

gabrielQ-4

I did all the translations. however, some translated pages are not displayed.
I do not understand what I have to do

April 27, 2018 at 6:51 pm #1867768

Cristina

Hello Gabriel,

thanks for contacting us on this.

There may be some technical issues here, as you are using a non-supported PHP Version for your site. Though WPML has some backwards compatibility, Version 5.3 is not supported by WordPress itself anymore.

Please update to PHP version 5.6 or later, ideally 7, to ensure that all functions of the newer WordPress versions and also Plugins, will work correctly.

Using the menu I only got 404 pages in french and english, but I could see the english page correctly partially using the URL hidden link directly in the browser address bar. I attach an image as illustration.

So there may be some issues with the cache too here.

Despite this, the menu links do not work correctly in the french nor in the english version, so URls like these hidden link or hidden link show an error.

Could you please update the PHP Version and also re-save the permalinks and clear any cache on the site?

If the pages show fine after that, the issue maybe just related to the unsupported PHP Version.

Kind regards,
Cristina

May 1, 2018 at 1:44 pm #1913291

gabrielQ-4

Hello
Ovh suffered a cyber attack last weekend. This explains why the site was not working properly when you watched.
I therefore renew your help regarding translations that do not appear correctly on the site. Thank you to refer to the screenshots previously submitted.
In addition, on some translations the character "/" appears. I do not understand why. Can you explain that to me too?

May 4, 2018 at 6:25 pm #1980049

Cristina

Hello Gabriel,

sorry for the delays answering, but I see the english pages all correctly apperaring with english texts, and the french with french texts.

I don't know why some titles may have this "/", but it seems related to the way the titel is written. So maybe you need to compare to the modules where this does not happen, if that is there because its a custom post type like a portfolio, because there is a hierarchy or because the title is written in a different way.

Regarding the contact form you may follow this guide to show it in the translated language too:

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/

If you have any issues with the english form not sending correctly after that, you may need to use this workaround, as it is a known problem:
https://wpml.org/errata/contact-form-7-secondary-language-form-submission-fails/

Kind regards,
Cristina

The topic ‘[Closed] some translations are not displayed’ is closed to new replies.