This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stefanusP 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
August 9, 2019 at 2:45 pm

stefanusP

I am trying to: Have a website multilingual by using WPML. In Firefox the flag shows 4 available languages (which is all maintained) but in MS Edge, Opera, Chrome & Safari only 2 languages appear as available (there are no more flags shown)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the translations available in all the browsers

Instead, I got: Even if I copy the link from Firefox (hidden link) into another browser, it doesn't work properly, as I get an error message that the page doesn't exist. In the screenshot you can see two screens, one from Firefox, one from another browser.
I have tried https://wpml.org/forums/topic/languages-are-not-displayed-correctly-on-different-browsers/ but it doesn't help

I cleared cache and actually the site I bring to you is a copy from the original (where the issue is as well), but issue remains.. Hope you can help!

So this is a copy, you may try everything, no need to create a copy again.

August 9, 2019 at 4:15 pm
August 9, 2019 at 4:16 pm #4371857

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

I have converted our chat to a ticket. Please test adding the language switcher using a menu, or standard widget with Elementor, and let's see if it behaves correctly.

If you prefer to continue in a new chat, please close this ticket and continue in chat. That way, we won't have two supporters overriding each other's work 🙂

Thanks!
Lauren

August 12, 2019 at 9:53 am #4379877

stefanusP

Thanks Lauren. It turned out that, although the translation was 100% for the Dutch page, the Dutch page was in draft (not published). I still don't understand why WPML stores pages in different languages, it should be possible to build such from the original language, and the string-translations. I believe it would make WPML much easier. If you can discuss this internally and let me know, I would highly appreciate it. But at least with my finding, I will be able to manage cope with it (other strange thing is that WPML does behave different in different browsers).