Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andreyO 2 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
April 24, 2018 at 2:13 pm #1791418

andreyO

Hello,

I am trying to translate Visual Composer (Page Builder) accordion items (from german to korean and spanish), but some of them do not appear in translation editor, that's why some of elements stay untranslated.

If I go to manual translation the titles of non-translated items are missing (empty).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

BR,
Andrey

April 25, 2018 at 8:13 pm #1819262

Bruno

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

At the moment, when I try to access the link you posted above, a redirect is made to the home page. Maybe the Spanish language is hidden.

The WPML added only the default Visual Composer elements. Currently, these elements are natively supported: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/#supported-modules

If your theme is using some additional element (or additional items), you may need to integrate the element for translation. You can see the step-by-step here in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-integration-with-page-builders-that-use-shortcodes/

If the problem persists, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator or All in One Migration plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

April 25, 2018 at 10:01 pm #1820354

andreyO

Hello,

sorry, yes, it's a hidden language. Could you please use the login information from another ticket? I don't remember password, and don't want to reset it, in order other WPML supporter can log in.

Due to our website infrastructure the login works only on european server, so please use european proxy/VPN in order to login.

BR,
Andrey

April 26, 2018 at 7:40 pm #1844459

Bruno

Hi Andrey,

I opened some of your old tickets, but when I try to access your site using the credentials you posted, the error "ERROR: The password you entered for the username wpml is incorrect. Lost your password?"

To avoid not generating a new password, you can create a new user such as wpml2? Or maybe, what WPML link did you post the credentials for the last time they were working?

Thank you.

May 5, 2018 at 2:32 am #1986290

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you. When I try to use the credentials you posted, this error is displayed: ERROR: Invalid username. Lost your password?

Please, could you check if the user was created and if it is activated?

If necessary, you can edit your private message above. This message will be highlighted for you.

Thank you.

May 7, 2018 at 9:41 pm #2021128

andreyO

Are you using European VPN/proxy (see message above) to login?

BR,
Andrey

May 8, 2018 at 3:44 am #2022907

Bruno

Thank you. This is because these items have been saved and translated before the title is entered in the original language. That way, the page was copied/translated, but without the title. Or, this page may have been initially translated without using the Translation Editor.

To translate these pages, in this case, you must follow the steps below.

- Open the FAQ page in the default language
- Using the top bar, change to the secondary language
- Insert the title manually on the pages that are missing
- Click on the Update button
- Follow the same steps for the other languages

It seems that this problem began with the way it was initially created and translated. E.g.:

[vc_tta_section title="What do I need to consider when buying a piano?" tab_id="1505677504022-94aab332-908c"]

The highlighted part is the part that is not being copied into the secondary languages.

This is because even saving only the default language, this is not adding the title within the content of the secondary language.

Another option should be, in order for the translation to be made by the Translation Editor, it will be necessary to remove the translations page and translate it again.

Please, could you test with a language and see if the problem will persist?

Thank you.

May 8, 2018 at 7:46 am #2024641

andreyO

Hello,

the page was originally created in German. And translated into many languages, using Translation Editor. And three translated languages miss those titles: korean, spanish and french (here only one title).

I added recently dummy text element to the german page, and newly translated pages in russian and chineese contain those titles.

As far as I know, if I translate pages without translation editor, on the next translation with TE, those changes will disappear.

BR,
Andrey

May 9, 2018 at 3:16 am #2042508

Bruno

Hi,

Yes, you're right. I see that apparently, the solution will be to re-create those translation pages.

Before that, I will contact 2nd tier support to ask about this. Soon we will contact you.

Thank you.

May 10, 2018 at 11:46 pm #2080437

Bruno

Hi,

In fact, these strings are available within the Translation Editor. The problem is that since you are using a double-quoted string, this is causing a compatibility problem with Visual Composer.

To solve the problem we just edit the double quotation marks (") by the same quotation marks (“) that you are using in the English version.

Please, could you verify that this is being displayed correctly on your site?

Thank you.

May 16, 2018 at 1:27 pm #2158288

andreyO

Hello Bruno,

it seems to display correctly the items. In some languages (like German) you need such quotation makrs, but hopefully other languages require other types.

BR,
Andrey