This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 24, 2018 at 6:09 pm #2761518

sebastiaanT-2

I am trying to: have all the Dutch visitors view Dutch pages. I noticed (through Google Analytics) that still many Dutch people are viewing the English pages of my site. I have auto detection of the browser language turned on. The default language is English.

What can I do to have all the Dutch visitors of my website view Dutch pages only?

Kind regards,

Sebas

September 25, 2018 at 8:41 pm #2765224

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

You wrote: "What can I do to have all the Dutch visitors of my website view Dutch pages only?"

You might want to review this article on multilingual v. multi-reigional sites:
hidden link

It sounds like you are asking about "geotargeting". WPML supports multilingual sites but does not necessarily have a specific solution for directing users to pages based on region. Nevertheless, WPML does support a URL format of a different domain per language and in this way, you could geotarge the domain for the Dutch population and thereby direct them to the Dutch pages.

Using a targeted Top Level Domain (TLD) can be a valuable geo targeting tool.
hidden link

I hope this information is userful for you

The topic ‘[Closed] Some visitors visit get the wrong language’ is closed to new replies.