Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
February 1, 2019 at 7:10 pm #3153040

jochenipunkt

I am trying to make Variations working in English translation. In german Page it is working

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

Select a Variation and you are able to "add to cart"
hidden link

Try the same in the english version and you get the message:
Sorry, no products matched your selection. Please choose a different combination.

hidden link

What I've done so far:
- Deleted the variation and created it again
- Set it to stock to non-stock...
- Go to the troubleshooting page and mostly do every action to resync variations
- Running the latest Version of all Plugins

February 4, 2019 at 4:20 pm #3158617

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. My apologies for the later reply.
This is a weird issue, especially if you go trough the troubleshooting actions. Can you tell if there is a variable product that is not presenting this issue ?
Can you try to create a new product similar to captainfluffy, but without the color attribute and test with it. Does it present this issue ?

Can you please allow me temporary access to check this closer. Please make a backup before. Fill the private details fields after a full site backup. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

February 5, 2019 at 10:45 am #3161302

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Discussing this within the team we have a current issue with product attributes that have special characters. But the working product also have german characters in the attribute name "Größe". So this is a little confusing.

Can you test it ? Change attributes name to latin characters for "captainfluffy" product to confirm it is the same issue in your website.
If this is the case, we would probably need a site snapshot. We usually recommend the free Plugin “Duplicator” for this purpose.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Please let me know what you get.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

February 6, 2019 at 2:24 pm #3166122

jochenipunkt

Hey Jamal,

i tried this but it changed nothing. I did a snapshot with duplicator. You can download it within our system.

Regards
jochen

February 6, 2019 at 4:25 pm #3166586

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I have downloaded the package, i will investigate this issue and come back to you as soon as possible.

Regarding the image issue when adding product to cart, i have tested with the same product in the screenshot in english website and could not reproduce the error.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

February 8, 2019 at 12:30 pm #3175028

jochenipunkt

Hey Jamal,

is migrated, could you please activate the coming soon page that the site is not reachable from outside.

Thanks Jochen

February 8, 2019 at 2:52 pm #3175818

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I was investigating in our server and now it is broken. See attached image. I will try to recover it and continue my debugging.

I was actually trying to translate the Products units and price labels. I think they may be part of this issue. Units are not attached to their translations.

I will continue my investigation and come back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

February 8, 2019 at 2:56 pm #3175854

jochenipunkt

ok let me know if i can help

February 15, 2019 at 8:28 am #3203398

jochenipunkt

Hey Jamal

do you had a chance to have another look?

Regards
Jochen

February 15, 2019 at 9:17 am #3203648

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, i have escalated this ticket to our 2nd tier supporters. I will inform you as soon as possible.
My apologies for any inconvenience.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

February 18, 2019 at 8:40 am #3210539

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

My apologies for the late reply. Our second tier supporters would need a copy of the website. I tried to create one from our server without success.

Please allow me to install Duplicator plugin, and create a copy. I would like to do it manually so i can exclude big files that won't be needed.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

February 19, 2019 at 6:30 pm #3218557

jochenipunkt

Hey Jamal,

the plugin is already installed. Feel free to use it.

Regards
Jochen

February 20, 2019 at 8:49 am #3220275

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I had to install Duplicator package, but unfortunately the build did not finish successfully. See attached image.
I am discussing this with the team to find a solution. I will come back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

March 2, 2019 at 4:27 pm #3264821

jochenipunkt

Hey Jamal,

any progress?

Saw that WPML has an issue with language URLs, Apparently the display of languages in directories does not work. --> Maybe this ist part of our problem?

regards jochen

March 4, 2019 at 1:44 pm #3269034

Jamal
Supporter

Hi Jochen,

The issue is in progress within our compatibility team, it seems we have an issue with attributes labels in non ascii languages. It is under testing but i am sorry i cannot tell when this would be released.

We support both uses of url format, either in directories or with a url param, WooCommerce and WPML should work in both cases. Are you having any issues implementing different languages in directories ?

I will inform you about this issue as soon as i can. Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support