Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by natcharinthornA 3 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 22, 2017 at 3:54 am

natcharinthornA

I am trying to: initial install, trying to load lang config page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: WPML language config page

Instead, I got: denied access. I have no WPML in my WP menu and can only activate or deactivate it from the plugins screen, nothing else. As such, cannot even provide debug info.

September 22, 2017 at 6:58 am #1379943

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support,

If possible please verify that you can create tables in your database. Usually your host can verify that , if this is not the case this might be why you are experiencing this issue.

-> https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Kind Regards,
Bobby

September 22, 2017 at 8:26 am #1380058

natcharinthornA

Yes, I am the account admin and site creator. All requirements have been met. Running WordPress 4.8.2 on PHP 5.6 w/ 256MB and MySQL 5.6. Can create login if you wish to inspect. Please advise, thanks.

September 22, 2017 at 11:14 am #1380238

Bobby
Supporter

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

September 27, 2017 at 11:04 am #1384764

natcharinthornA

Hey Bobby, just wanted to follow up and ensure that you have received my secure login information. I cannot see the reply here because I sent it privately and have not received any updates, so just wanted to double-check. No rush, no worries. Thanks for the help!

September 27, 2017 at 1:06 pm #1384906

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

i have the access thank you !

I will be updating you shortly

September 27, 2017 at 1:27 pm #1384925

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

I run a script to add the required capabilities, then refreshed the backend and now WPML is active in your admin menu.

Kind Regards,
Bobby

September 27, 2017 at 1:33 pm #1384939

natcharinthornA

Bobby, you are amazing, thanks so much for the quick and reliable support! Well done 🙂