This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
June 19, 2019 at 3:16 pm #4052691

semz-3

I have 2 questions about the hidden link (Englisch version)

1: When your on the page: hidden link
You can see that the price is not sort from low to high. On the dutch version the products art sort form low to high and i don't switch the settings. So can you help me?

2. Quick edit: When you will edit an product while your in the dutch backend. You can choose quick edit but when your in the Englisch version of the backend you can't see the option quick edit. Can we do something to make the quick edit button visable?

June 20, 2019 at 12:03 pm #4059701

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

1. Product sorting
The way your products appear on the template would be something controlled by your theme. Is there a theme option that was set to sort the products by price?

If so, it may be that this configuration was not registered with String Tranlsation and therefore, not the same in the 2nd language. Theme options are stored in the wp-options table in the database.

2. Quick Edit
Quick edit is indeed disabled for Woocommerce products. This is done in order to ensure that price-sensitive information is properly syncronised between products. I am not aware of anyway to re-enable this option for product post types.

June 24, 2019 at 7:10 am #4074963

semz-3

Hi,

First thanks for your help. The second point is clearly. But for the first issiue I contacted Divi that is the theme that we used. But they said:

Right, so I have created 10 products on DE langauge and 10 products in EN langauge. As expected on De language the sorting works, while on the En it doesn't:

DE: hidden link
EN: hidden link

So we can conclude that is not a problem with your products, it could be (what I think ) some issues between Woocommerce and WPML.
In this situation I would suggest you contact both supports: woocommerce and wpml.
Let me know when you have chceked those 2 pages so I can leave your website as it was:
- all 3rd party plugins active
- divi child theme active

And....

Even strange thing is that no matter on which of those 2 pages (I just created) if I'm using the sorting options that woocommerce ads it works, however the shortocodes that actually generates those products does not work.

In case they will ask you can let them know that:
you have the primary language set to DE
you have a secondary langauge set to EN

For DE we have:
10 products attached to a category called: et product category de langauge
each product has a Regular price set
in a new page (using default WordPress theme) we used this shortcode to show all the products from that specific category:

[products per_page="40" orderby="price" columns="0" order="ASC" limit=40 paginate=true category="et-product-category-de-langauge"] - to show the products ordered by price in Ascending order
[products per_page="40" orderby="price" columns="0" order="DESC" limit=40 paginate=true category="et-product-category-de-langauge"] - to show the products ordered by price in Descending order
on the default langauge (DE) everything is working as it should
link: hidden link

For EN we have:

10 products attached to a category called: et product category en langauge
each product has a Regular price set
in a new page (using default WordPress theme) we used these shortcode to show all the products from that specific category:

[products per_page="40" orderby="price" columns="0" order="ASC" limit=40 paginate=true category="et-product-category-en-langauge"] - to show the products ordered by price in Ascending order
[products per_page="40" orderby="price" columns="0" order="DESC" limit=40 paginate=true category="et-product-category-en-langauge"] - to show the products ordered by price in Descending order
on the secondary langauge (EN) the sorting (based on the shortcode) is not working

link: hidden link

So you can use those information and send it to both Woocommerce and WPML support.

And Woocommerce said that I contact you guys so i hope that we can fix this issue.

Thanks!

June 25, 2019 at 7:17 am #4081721

Yvette
Supporter

OK - thanks for forwarding the in-depth analysis

1. Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

Kind regards

June 25, 2019 at 1:26 pm #4084913

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I tried to replicate this on my local server with the latest version of Divi without success. Can you please upgrade your DIVI theme to 3.25.2 and see if the problem is still existing?

Thank you.

June 26, 2019 at 8:16 am #4090377

semz-3

Yes I did only then it didn't work either

June 26, 2019 at 1:51 pm #4092919

Yvette
Supporter

I connected to your site but I don´t see that you have upgraded the DIVI theme (see image)

Where are you testing the upgraded theme with your site?

Since I am unable to replicate the issue on a test server, the suspicion is that either the theme version or a plugin is interfering with the sorting.

In order to discard this possibility you need to do the following steps:
1. Upgrade the Divi parent theme
2. Temporarily activate the Divi parent theme
3. Temporarily deactivate all non-WPML plugins
4. View the test page: hidden link
5. Confirm if the problem is still existing or not.

Thanks

June 26, 2019 at 2:44 pm #4093301

semz-3

When i activate the theme, will it delete my website or adjustments? Or can I switch without problems?

June 26, 2019 at 3:36 pm #4093731

Yvette
Supporter

Activating the parent theme may make your site look different because the settings you have customised were made for the "child" theme.

But once you re-activate your "child" theme, the settings will come back and your site will look like normal.

Activating/deactivating a theme or plugin shoudl not remove any settings permanently.
I should have added, therefore the last step:

6. Reactivate your child theme.

June 26, 2019 at 5:28 pm #4094351

semz-3

hmm we think that is a little bit risky because i'm not a developer.

June 27, 2019 at 7:48 am #4097451

Yvette
Supporter

Then my suggestion is to create a staging site on your server that is a clone of your live site. This is always highly recommended as you would want to always execute major upgrades to the clone site BEFORE applying it to your live site.

Doing this mitigates the risk of a theme/plugin upgrade bringing your whole site down.

To do this, you can use the DUPLICATOR plugin or similar and can take as little as 5 minutes to do. Once you have the cloned site, you can then execute the steps I outlined without risk. And, you have the additional bonus of haing a risk-free enviornment where your theme and plugin support can work without interrupting your live site.

I wait for your news

The topic ‘[Closed] Sorting and quick edit’ is closed to new replies.