This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
February 6, 2019 at 5:01 pm #3166828

abdulazizA-15

When a user select the translated sorting option ( Price: Low to high OR Price: high to low ) it will work on the default language (english) but not in the secondary language (Arabic).
instead of re-sorting, the browser will load a page without any products: try to sort by price ( last two options).
hidden link

February 7, 2019 at 3:50 pm #3171147

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. My apologies for the late reply.

Before we investigate this issue further, could you make sure your server conforms to our minimum requirements?
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Based on provided debug information, I can see the following - WP Memory Limit: 40M.

Specifically, could you set WP Memory limit to at least 256MB and then let me know if this fixed your issue?
https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

If unsure on how to set this, you can consult your host/server admin to do this. After you increase this value, you can confirm it by checking on WPML->Support by finding the “Memory limit” value.

Finally, can you debug any conflict issue with the theme or another plugin using the Health Check plugin. See this video on how to debug conflicts.
hidden link
https://wordpress.org/plugins/health-check/
Check when only WPML plugins are used.

Let me know what results you get.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

February 10, 2019 at 9:41 pm #3180295

abdulazizA-15

Thanks for your prompt reply.
1- I increased the memory limit to 256M but that did not help.
2- Downloaded health check plugin; nothing abnormal
3- After disabling all plugins (except Woocommerce) and using a default theme; I was able to narrow it down to "WPML Multilingual CMS" to be the culprit.

Any recommendation?

February 11, 2019 at 9:30 am #3181698

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, at this point we can assume it is a WPML bug, or a WPML exception that is related to your specific setup.

To confirm or exclude the WPML bug, i have created a clean server to isolate this from your specific setup. The login info are provided in my private reply of "FEBRUARY 11, 2019 AT 9:26 AM".
Please configure WPML and WCML, create 2 products with different prices and translate them. If we could reproduce the error, i will push it to our core developers.

If we could not reproduce this error with default theme, please upload your theme and child theme and see if it happens with it. In this case, i will push this to our compatibility team to handle it as a conflict with the theme.

Let me know once it it ready.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

February 11, 2019 at 8:00 pm #3185304

abdulazizA-15

"To confirm or exclude the WPML bug, i have created a clean server to isolate this from your specific setup. The login info are provided in my private reply of "FEBRUARY 11, 2019 AT 9:26 AM".
Please configure WPML and WCML, create 2 products with different prices and translate them. If we could reproduce the error, i will push it to our core developers."

I did so and it worked just fine.

"If we could not reproduce this error with default theme, please upload your theme and child theme and see if it happens with it. In this case, i will push this to our compatibility team to handle it as a conflict with the theme."

I did so and it worked just fine as well?!

February 12, 2019 at 9:39 am #3187519

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I have checked again the url you have provided and tried to sort by price in both ways, and it seems to be working for both languages. I wonder how did you get this resolved!

If there is still and issue, please provide more details to investigate it.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

February 12, 2019 at 1:49 pm #3188897

abdulazizA-15

Hi,

Not really; it had NOT been fixed yet. You can use the same link above; the last two options on the sorting dropdown are the bad ones (which are sort by price Asc and Dsc).

Never had an issue with the first Three options (Newest, popularity, average rating)

February 12, 2019 at 2:42 pm #3189278

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Can you provide temporary access to your dashboard so i can check this further.
Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

February 13, 2019 at 9:34 am #3192871

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

My apologies for the late reply. Would you please check the login info, it does not seem to work for me.
I activated the private area for the new credentials.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

February 14, 2019 at 9:55 am #3198506

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the access, i checked your backend and i still can't tell where this is coming from.
I can suggest going through the Cleanup section in WPML->Support->Troubleshooting. Don't forget to do a backup before proceeding.

If it did not resolve the issue, please activate PHP debugging and reproduce the error, maybe we can get more details.
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem(Sort by price).
3. Share the debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here or using DropBox or GoogleDrive.

Thank you.
Jamal
WPML Support

The topic ‘[Closed] sorting products by price in secondary language does not work’ is closed to new replies.