This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
September 21, 2018 at 9:11 am

dsaG

I am trying to: Create a Thai translation of the English home page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see:
When selecting the soulmedic page builder, I expected to see all of the content boxes in the same place ready for me to update with the translated text.

Instead, I got:
A screen with a bunch of shortcodes in the WordPress Editor and nothing in the SoulMedic pagebuilder.

September 24, 2018 at 12:47 pm #2760487

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @dsag, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

I noticed that you is already using the manual editor. Please go to the translation screen and click the "Soulmedic: Child page builder" button. It should active the page builder. Does that solve the issue?

PS: The theme is not listed at our compatible theme list: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility

I also checked the settings of your server through debug log and saw that some items need attention:
PHP Version
Upgrade from PHP to version 7 or higher. This is a practice recommended by the WordPress.org website: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

MaxInputVars
Currently your server is configured with MaxInputVars = 1000, which is too low and can cause problems. Please increase this to 10,000. There are two options to do this:
== php.ini file
Open the php.ini file and insert/edit this line:

max_input_vars = 10000

hidden link
== .htaccess file

php_value max_input_vars 10000

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

September 28, 2018 at 6:57 am #2772707

dsaG

This is still not working.

September 28, 2018 at 2:02 pm #2774146

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

This seems to be a compatibility issue. In these cases we should test the plugin on a clean installation, to isolate the problem and run some tests.

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the theme to this test install, setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options) and create some dummy content to reproduce the issue. Please note that we only need the theme and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site.

Regards,
Diego

The topic ‘[Closed] soulMedic Page Builder not working’ is closed to new replies.