This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The client is trying to translate an english string which is set to spanish as the language of string.

Solution:

The default language of the string that you're trying to translate is set to Spanish while it should be English. Could you please try these steps?

-go to WPML > String Translation -find the string -select the string by ticking the checkbox besides it. -click ' Change the language of selected strings'. change it to English. -refresh the page and translate the string completely.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ferran 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
May 2, 2019 at 7:14 am #3722227

Ferran

I am trying to: translate the sentence "Your personal data will be used to process your order, support your experience throughout this website, and for other purposes described in our [privacy_policy]." on the checkout page,

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the sentence in spanish

Instead, I got: despite I've gone to the trnslation chains page and tried to translate it it seems that the spanish chain is in english and viceversa

what am I doing wrong?

May 2, 2019 at 9:29 am #3723275

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

I noticed that the default language of the string that you're trying to translate is set to Spanish while it should be English. Could you please try these steps?

-go to WPML > String Translation
-find the string
-select the string by ticking the checkbox besides it.
-click ' Change the language of selected strings'. change it to English.
-refresh the page and translate the string completely.

Does it help? Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 3, 2019 at 11:26 pm #3738295

Ferran

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!