Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by joopv-2 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Alejandro.

Author Posts
September 24, 2021 at 3:28 pm #9656105

joopv-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Switch to spanish
Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?
See hidden link
What is the link to your site?
hidden link

September 25, 2021 at 10:57 am #9659049

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello there!

In order to help you, i'll need more information about the problem:

- Did this happen after you edit a page?
- Did this happen after you updated a plugin?
- Is the problem that you do not see any content when trying to translate it?

Please give me as much detail as the problem as you can so i can have a better idea on what to do next.

-------------

Since you use Avada, please be aware of this known issue: https://wpml.org/errata/avada-untranslated-avada-forms-cause-pages-not-to-load-and-or-timeout-issues/

i suspect it could be a possible cause for your issue.

Regards.

September 25, 2021 at 12:41 pm #9659231

joopv-2

Hi Alegandro,

I’m sorry that I cannot answer your questions in detail as it was the client who was editing pages and posts as we found this out. But he was not translating pages or posts, he leaves that to me.

No, we do not use Avada Forms on this site.

Thank you for helping us out.

September 25, 2021 at 1:43 pm #9659335

Alejandro
Supporter

1) Could you please define a time limit value since right now it's set to 0. you can use this guide to know how to do it: https://wpastra.com/docs/increase-php-time-limit-wordpress-sites/

2) Can you try to edit the origina homepage and add a character to the title. save it and update the spanish translation (which seems to be the only page that is problematic).

can you see the translation of the page in the back-end and front-end (if only in one, let me know which one)

3) Please follow the instructions mentioned on this page: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Try to recreate the problem once you have added those lines to your wp-config.php file and then go to your installation's wp-content folder and find the "debug.log" file that should've appeared by now (it will appear if it enocunters an error in your server).

Then, upload that file into a storage platform of your choosing (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc) and send me the link (make sure it's set as "public" otherwise i won't be able to access its content) so i can download it and take a look at it, and determine where to go from there.

September 29, 2021 at 9:49 am #9685153

Alejandro
Supporter

The error is created by Avada but it really only happens with WPML .

This is the error i can see everytime:

Uncaught ArgumentCountError: 3 arguments are required, 2 given in /home/www/thenex/wordpress/wp-content/themes/Avada/includes/metaboxes/tabs/tab_header.php:83

I'm not sure however where are these tabs. i cloned the page and it initially worked, however after a page save, it stopped working as with the original page and only in the spanish version of the site.

Could you please:

1) Save the homepage template and try to create a new page in English. please create a NEW page and do NOT clone it with Yoast Duplicate Post.

2) Add the template and translate it into spanish and german. if possible do it with a translation editor and not manually as you apparently did with this page.

Check if the problem is gone now.

September 29, 2021 at 1:24 pm #9687297

Alejandro
Supporter

Can you please re-read the last answer? i set it in the correct language (sorry for the confusion).

Regards.

September 29, 2021 at 1:58 pm #9687593

joopv-2

Hi Alejandro,

I'm sorry but I go abroad tomorrow and won't be back till October 18th. I just don't have time to experiment now. Please do not close this topic. I will pick up after the 18th.

Thanks for your help.

Joop

October 7, 2021 at 4:50 am #9737827

joopv-2

I will get back to you after the 18th

October 7, 2021 at 7:02 am #9738157

Alejandro
Supporter

No problem. let me know how it goes when you return.

October 18, 2021 at 4:49 pm #9812053

joopv-2

Hi Alejandro,

We're back from traveling abroad.

I've installed the plugin and the process of migrating is running now. I guess in an hour or so the site will have been migrated.

I hope you will be able to locate the problem! 😉

Thanks for your patience and help!

Joop

October 19, 2021 at 7:23 am #9814847

Alejandro
Supporter

Once the site is migrated, please check it using your real site credentials.

then, please disable all the different plugins you have except the ones from avada and WPML.

I'll check the rest, but please let me know when that's done.

Thanks in advance.

October 19, 2021 at 9:24 am #9816135

joopv-2

Hi Alejandro,

I get this message. What has gone wrong?

I'm affraid this is getting a bit too complicated for me. As I said: I'm not a technical person but a designer.

Regards, Joop

Schermafbeelding 2021-10-19 om 11.20.50.png
October 19, 2021 at 2:50 pm #9819515

Alejandro
Supporter

The prolem on the screenshot was because of the file manager and i fixed that (by disabling it)

The problem is quite weird indeed and happens only in one language. since Avada allows options to be translated independently no matter the language (so you can have 1 option for english and another for german), i suspect the problem has to do with that.

I wonder if you've made any modification to the theme options, or if you've added custom code, css or anything else to the theme options.

If you have, can you switch languages through the language switcher found on the WordPress topbar and check if there are different settings in one of the language versions?

The problem comes from a "tab" setting so that could be our first clue (any setting that could be linked to the tabs)

In the meantime i asked our developers to take a look at it so they can help us out.

October 19, 2021 at 3:09 pm #9819847

joopv-2

Hi,

Could you please repeat in English?

Thanks!

October 20, 2021 at 8:29 am #9824395

Alejandro
Supporter

it looks like the problem comes from a translation of something in the header.

do you have a global header setup or something similar, perhaps?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.