Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by joopv-2 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Alejandro.

Author Posts
October 20, 2021 at 9:09 am #9824599

joopv-2

Hi Alejandro,

Let me repeat what happened. The site worked (and still does work) fine on the domain thenex.com. I migrated it to another provider, naming under the domain hidden link to prepare the change of provider. There the client made some alterations to pages (on hidden link) but he doesn't have access to AVADA Options. Then he discovered the spanish had vanished.

Alas I cannot access wordpress-219768-2186543.cloudwaysapps.com. I only get an error report, so I cannot check if the AVADA Options are the same for every language (they should be.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Regards, Joop

October 20, 2021 at 10:18 am #9825403

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Please access from over here directly:

hidden link

use these credentials:

user: marketing
pass: WPML

And if possible, add a staging license to update the avada plugins, since we could update the theme to one of the latest versions but we couldn't really update the plugins because we don't have a license for it.

I'm sending this case to our developers so they can check what's going on and where exactly is the problem.

October 20, 2021 at 2:07 pm #9827757

joopv-2

Avada has been licensed and updated. I activated some necessary Avada plugins, like the Layer Slider and the Revolution Slider. You can deactivate them again if necessary.

October 21, 2021 at 6:56 am #9832477

Alejandro
Supporter

Turns out the problem comes from avada actually! they seem to have used a set of placeholders incorrectly for spanish!

In fact, if you disable WPML and go to Settings > General, change the language to Spanish, you'll recreate the problem even without WPML.

There is a way to fix this, in the meantime, however, but it's not easy at all to do.

- you'd need to go to WPML > Theme and plugin localization and scan AVADA
- Then you'd have to turn on the debug.log and go to the spanish version of your site. it will have an error

- The debug.log will log something like:

Uncaught ArgumentCountError: 3 arguments are required, 2 given in /wp-content/themes/Avada/includes/metaboxes/tabs/tab_header.php:83

find that directory, go to line 83 (the line after the colon in the error) and check the text that appears there.

Find it in WPML > String translation and translate it yourself, that way you overwrite the one coming from avada (Which is the one creating the problem)

- Repeat the process as many times as the error appears.

---------------------

Otherwise, let the avada team know about this and they will probably handle it, if they haven't already (there's a new update for avada and its plugins which we don't have access to, so it might be solved there).

Regards.

October 21, 2021 at 9:00 am #9833497

joopv-2

OK, I'll pass this on to Avada. Please keep this ticket open for the time being.

October 21, 2021 at 12:47 pm #9836193

Alejandro
Supporter

Please check this video: hidden link

The problem comes from Avada and it's not an easy to explain issue. i know that my last message was difficult to understand and i tried to simplify the explanation with the video but in short:

Avada has done something wrong in their localization of certain languages and if you're not using any of those languages you won't see the problem at all.

I'm fairly certain that they are aware of the issue (spanish is quite a big language) so if you ask them what to do, i bet they already have a solution for it 🙂

----------------

Avada has also a new and very recent update to the theme and to their plugins so maybe the fix is already shipped in that new release, so you can try to update you avada theme and plugins.

October 25, 2021 at 3:05 pm #9858521

joopv-2

Hi Alejandro,

This is the answer I got from AVADA. I gave them the FTP Access so they can do what they suggest.

I will just be the inbetween here between WPML and AVADA, I cannot contribute anything usefull to this discussion.

Thanks!

Joop

October 25, 2021 at 3:06 pm #9858527

joopv-2

Avada writes:

Hello Joop

Please see this video again => hidden link
In this video, WPML is also not used, only two plugins are active which are Avada Core and Avada Builder and I was replicating the exact same video to see the issue, however on your demand I have also enabled the WPML now but please note that as soon as WPML is active the language changing option is disabled, but there is still no issue with WPML being active.

Here is my test site => hidden link

We are not able to replicate this issue at all on our side and we have thousands of customers using WPML and Spanish language in this case. What I can try in this case is complete reinstallation of Avada + Core and Builder and then installing language files for Spanish again on your site, can you please send me the FTP details of your site in this case?

FTP Server:
FTP Port:
FTP Username:
FTP Password:

Thanks

October 25, 2021 at 3:32 pm #9858729

Alejandro
Supporter

1) What they mention about WPML is not a bug, it's expected. when you enable WPML, you will not be able to change language through settings > general anymore, but from your profile (user > my profile > languages)

2) Can you do exactly what avada asked? disable and delete AVADA (after a backup and exporting the AVADA theme settings somewhere safe), download a fresh copy of avada and install it on your site?

----------------

By the way i want to be clear that the problem is on the avada side but it's not AVADA's fault. as they mention, the problem is not reproduceable on a clean installation or on another site and i tested this as well.

It's a very specific issue that is happening on the avada side (Since it happens EVEN without WPML installed or enabled) but ONLY on your site, which means that it might not be an AVADA's bug, but something that is happening in your installation of avada, for your site only.

We can't talk to their support because we're not their clients and we can only communicate on bugs and so far yours is a very very specific issue that seems to be happening on your side alone.

if they need anything from us, they can ask you and you can let us know 🙂

October 29, 2021 at 10:56 am #9890675

joopv-2

Hi Alejandro,

I'm affraid the cause of this malfunction will forever stay to be a mystery, also for Avada. Still they solved the problem by reinstalling both Avada and WPML on the website.

The spanish translation now appears again.

You can close this ticket and remove the sandbox copy.

Thanks for your support!

Regards, Joop

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.