This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: We are trying to view and QA the SenseiLMS quiz in Spanish but each time we click on the quiz link (the red buton at the bottom that says "Ver Los Cuestionarios De La Lección") the link redirects back to the lesson itself.

Solution: I went to WPML -> String Translation -> Searched for 'quiz' (the slug) and changed 'cuestionario' for 'quiz' in Spanish.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rickM-9 1 week, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 26, 2019 at 6:32 pm

rickM-9

We are trying to view and QA the SenseiLMS quiz in Spanish but each time we click on the quiz link (the red buton at the bottom that says "Ver Los Cuestionarios De La Lección") the link redirects back to the lesson itself.

The default lesson in English quiz link (behaves as expected)
hidden link when clicking "View The Lesson Quiz" at the bottom links to hidden link. Great, this is working!

The problem is for Spanish when viewing hidden link and click on the link hidden link to the Spanish version of the quiz instead we are redirected back to hidden link.

We've spent days trying to track down the issue. We've been through the myriad of settings for post type slug translations and string translations. We've enabled and disabled the string translation for English "quiz" to Spanish "cuestionario" without luck.

At the end of the day, we don't care what the url in the browser says for the slug. In fact, we'd prefer it to say "/quiz/" instead of "/cuestionario/" but we're not even sure how to do that either.

We've spent months on this massive project of purchasing WPML, working with our translation team Glyph Translation Services and their MemQ tool and populating the Spanish translations is now completely on hold until to launch until we can view the Spanish version of the SenseiLMS quizzes and run QA.

In summary, we can see the finish line but are plagued by this one show-stopping issue.

If you want a test user, let us know, but you can create one yourself to drill down to a lesson and a quiz. If you need a copy of the site I can provide an archive of the site files and database. We don't use duplicator plugin. We run on WP Engine.

Please advise!

September 27, 2019 at 12:12 pm #4654009

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Could you describe the steps you followed to translate the quiz slug in Spanish? From 'quiz' to 'cuestionario'?

Kind regards,
Carlos

September 30, 2019 at 1:34 am #4661721

rickM-9

Hi Carlos. Here is the response from the translation team.

"Glyph copy/pasted the questions into the Spanish version. But, questions had been translated into Spanish before (not sure by whom), so those slugs may be auto-generated, or may have been placed there by someone else. Glyph did not generate the slugs for the questions.
Quizzes and answers were provided in a spreadsheet (exported from WP in XML format and converted to Excel), Glyph translated the Excel file and sent the file back to the site owner's team to import the translations into WP manually."

September 30, 2019 at 9:46 am #4663431

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

Could you create a test site with a copy of the production site? This way I could run some troubleshooting steps without affecting the live site.

Regards,
Carlos

September 30, 2019 at 3:36 pm #4666077

rickM-9

Carlos, the site referenced in this thread is not the production website and we have a restorable backup to the current working version. So feel free to do whatever you need to do in order to fix the problem with the provided credentials. Thank you.

October 1, 2019 at 10:04 am #4670785

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you for your clarification.

I went to WPML -> String Translation -> Searched for 'quiz' (the slug) and changed 'cuestionario' for 'quiz' in Spanish.

Now I can part of the quiz in the Spanish version. Could you tell me if this result solves the issue?

Regards,
Carlos

October 1, 2019 at 3:25 pm #4673347

rickM-9

I think that solved the problem. Thank you Carlos! Didn't realize it would have been that easy. We'll take it from here.

October 1, 2019 at 3:27 pm #4673353

rickM-9

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

October 1, 2019 at 4:12 pm #4673917

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos

October 1, 2019 at 8:03 pm #4675163
rickM-9

So we can see the questions in Spanish and the 301 redirect is gone. It was also observed that the answers are not displaying. In SenseiLMS authoring the lesson questions and answers, the option to insert the answers is not displaying as it does in English. Would you have any idea why?

Attached is a screenshot from both English hidden link) and Spanish (hidden link). Please advise.

New threads created by Carlos Rojas and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-spanish-version-of-sensei-plugin-the-quiz-link-301-redirects-back-to-the-lesson/

October 2, 2019 at 9:29 am #4678289

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

As the original issue is solved I opened a new ticket with your latest message so we can continue there. This way we will be following the forum's rule of having "one issue per ticket". It will also help future clients to find answers to similar questions while searching in the forum.

Thank you very much for your understanding.
Best regards,
Carlos

October 7, 2019 at 7:31 pm #4710463

rickM-9

Our issue is resolved now for this ticket, we'll continue on the split ticket.